General Forum

General Forum

  1. Account suspended
    Joined
    10 Dec '11
    Moves
    143494
    08 Jun '14 17:45
    ...in walking down the street with lit cigarette in your hand taking just one puff or two?

    Wouldn't be the same to walk down the street with stinking dirty sock (or clean but never put it on), or with rotten steak (or perfectly fried wiener schnitzel without biting into it)?
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    08 Jun '14 17:56
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    ...in walking down the street with lit cigarette in your hand taking just one puff or two?

    Wouldn't be the same to walk down the street with stinking dirty sock (or clean but never put it on), or with rotten steak (or perfectly fried wiener schnitzel without biting into it)?
    How about walking down the steet with a lit cigarette in one hand and cup of coffee in the other? I agree there's no point in taking only one or two puffs... why waste good tobacco like that!

    Uh oh, I sense a disturbance in the force... a joke from CP is coming our way!
  3. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    138527
    08 Jun '14 20:35
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    ...in walking down the street with lit cigarette in your hand taking just one puff or two?
    the point is to replenish the drug levels that are waning...
    addictive behavior is difficult to relinquish...
  4. Subscriberdivegeester
    Racist, apparently
    Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88343
    08 Jun '14 20:52
    Originally posted by rookie54
    the point is to replenish the drug levels that are waning...
    addictive behavior is difficult to relinquish...
    Preach it brother.
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    08 Jun '14 21:38
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    ...in walking down the street with lit cigarette in your hand taking just one puff or two?

    Wouldn't be the same to walk down the street with stinking dirty sock (or clean but never put it on), or with rotten steak (or perfectly fried wiener schnitzel without biting into it)?
    I agree, cigars are where it's at. 🙂
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526294
    12 Jun '14 11:07
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    ...in walking down the street with lit cigarette in your hand taking just one puff or two?

    Wouldn't be the same to walk down the street with stinking dirty sock (or clean but never put it on), or with rotten steak (or perfectly fried wiener schnitzel without biting into it)?
    The point is to make an impression, just because it doesn't won't help...
  7. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    10128
    12 Jun '14 12:01
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    How about walking down the steet with a lit cigarette in one hand and cup of coffee in the other? I agree there's no point in taking only one or two puffs... why waste good tobacco like that!

    Uh oh, I sense a disturbance in the force... a joke from CP is coming our way!
    There are a lot of people walking around with coffee cups in their hands - we see them on trams and buses too. It's supposed to be trendy.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2366
    12 Jun '14 12:09
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    ...in walking down the street with lit cigarette in your hand taking just one puff or two?

    Wouldn't be the same to walk down the street with stinking dirty sock (or clean but never put it on), or with rotten steak (or perfectly fried wiener schnitzel without biting into it)?
    The point is to create job security for employees of the tobacco industry, the health industry, the advertising industry, city utilities (somebody has to sweep up the butts), and politicians. Think of it as your patriotic duty to maintain a neurotic society.
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    12 Jun '14 18:372 edits
    Originally posted by lolof
    There are a lot of people walking around with coffee cups in their hands - we see them on trams and buses too. It's supposed to be trendy.
    Not necessarily trendy, for me it was simply a timesaver. Get up in the morning, grab a bite to eat and head out the door, grab a coffee to go along the way and hopefully be alert by the time I get to work.

    One time as I was waiting for a bus a group of young people walked by, and one of them dropped some coins into my cup... he must have thought I was a homeless person just standing there and waiting for donations. There was only an inch of coffee left at the bottom of the cup, and I debated with myself over whether or not I should try swigging down the last few drops. I didn't know whether I should be angry or amused, so I opted for amusement, and why not... I ended up with a story to tell years later. And I'm sure there's a moral to this story, but I'm still not sure what that moral is. Be forgiving of false compassion? Suffer fools gladly? I don't know, is there a moral to this story?
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    12 Jun '14 19:07
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Not necessarily trendy, for me it was simply a timesaver. Get up in the morning, grab a bite to eat and head out the door, grab a coffee to go along the way and hopefully be alert by the time I get to work.

    One time as I was waiting for a bus a group of young people walked by, and one of them dropped some coins into my cup... he must have thought I was ...[text shortened]... hers false compassion? Suffer fools gladly? I don't know, is there a moral to this story?
    The moral to this story is when you're outside with a cup of coffee in your hand make sure the coffee is covered with a lid, with holes too small for coins to get through. Or even better, a recessed lid for holding coins... so you can have your coffee and maybe pick up a little extra change along the way.
Back to Top