1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 11:351 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    My wife and I are from Venice Beach California and one time at the beach I saw a small airplane, like a Cessena, towing the strangest looking contraption I ever saw, it was bright green but like a giant tinker toy, it must have been, think in retrospect, have been a very strangely shaped helium balloon but it was bigger than the little plane and it was tow ...[text shortened]... ust what the hell that thing was, a spindally construct with struts hanging out and such, crazy.
    Yeah, well, anything's possible in Venice Beach. Coulda been a missile-target test from Vandenberg airbase.
  2. Playing with matches
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 11:53
    Pretty soon here, I hope to see Steve Bannon sucking his own cock. I'm really not sure why he's so into chickens, but, from what I understand, this is his fall back career.
  3. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 12:22
    The very night my son was born in Sept 1989 in Aberdeen, was the most fantastic display of Aurora Borealis I've ever seen. That seemed very weird and wonderful at the time.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 12:31
    Originally posted by @hand-of-hecate
    Pretty soon here, I hope to see Steve Bannon sucking his own cock. I'm really not sure why he's so into chickens, but, from what I understand, this is his fall back career.
    You really do have a hard-on for Bannonesque autofelatio don't you.
  5. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 18:55
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Once when I was in Glastonbury the cloud cover was very weird, it looked like bubble-wrap.
    is that really the weirdest thing you've seen?
    you need to get out more often
  6. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '17 05:13
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    Not sure if mammatus cloud is common in your parts but it's rare stuff and has an other-worldly weirdness about it, particularly in evening light. Take a look at the images.
    Then enlighten us all with the weirdest thing you've ever seen!
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '17 10:00
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    Perhaps I don't live the exciting life that you do.

What's the weirdest thing you've seen then?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '17 10:02
    Originally posted by @larkie
    Not sure if mammatus cloud is common in your parts but it's rare stuff and has an other-worldly weirdness about it, particularly in evening light. Take a look at the images.
    Then enlighten us all with the weirdest thing you've ever seen!
    I think Lemondrop is just in a bad mood with me for not finding his posts in the clans forum amusing.
  9. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    20 Aug '17 13:13
    I think Lemondrop is just in a bad mood with me for not finding his posts in the clans forum amusing.
    my post in the clan forum was not intended to be amusing
    it was serious stuff
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    20 Aug '17 13:14
    In early 1974 I was at a coffeehouse with my friend Kenny. Kenny was a practitioner of the occult and an ex-Satanist who openly discussed his experiences with most anyone who would listen. He was telling me of his "summoning entities" when from the next table a man stood up, glared at him and loudly said "You're full of sh#t". Kenny stood up and stated that he could indeed do as he had said and told the man to just name a place and time and he would do that. The man offered his apartment and now as the time. Kenny, myself, the man and 2 others whom I knew went off to the apartment. At the apartment Kenny struck a meditative pose and after several minutes a greenish, grayish, bluish colored figure of an older man came thru the wall and walked towards me. When it got close to me I freaked out and jumped up and thru it. In a few seconds Kenny was screaming at me that I could have been hurt and at the same time the man whose apartment we were at was screaming at Kenny that this was some kind of a trick.
  11. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    20 Aug '17 13:35
    Perhaps I don't live the exciting life that you do.

What's the weirdest thing you've seen then?
    probably the election of Trump
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Aug '17 13:51
    Originally posted by @caissad4
    In early 1974 I was at a coffeehouse with my friend Kenny. Kenny was a practitioner of the occult and an ex-Satanist who openly discussed his experiences with most anyone who would listen. He was telling me of his "summoning entities" when from the next table a man stood up, glared at him and loudly said "You're full of sh#t". Kenny stood up and stated tha ...[text shortened]... me the man whose apartment we were at was screaming at Kenny that this was some kind of a trick.
    Are you sure it was a 'coffee'house you were at?
  13. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    20 Aug '17 13:57
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Are you sure it was a 'coffee'house you were at?
    They also served tea. It was quite an interesting place ( In the French Quarter).
  14. Playing with matches
    Moves
    20 Aug '17 20:46
    Originally posted by @caissad4
    In early 1974 I was at a coffeehouse with my friend Kenny. Kenny was a practitioner of the occult and an ex-Satanist who openly discussed his experiences with most anyone who would listen. He was telling me of his "summoning entities" when from the next table a man stood up, glared at him and loudly said "You're full of sh#t". Kenny stood up and stated tha ...[text shortened]... me the man whose apartment we were at was screaming at Kenny that this was some kind of a trick.
    That is pretty weird. I used to have a dog that would scare himself when he'd fart.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Aug '17 21:081 edit
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Yeah, well, anything's possible in Venice Beach. Coulda been a missile-target test from Vandenberg airbase.
    It was not made of metal, that much was clear since it was being hauled by some kind of cessna 172 kind of thing although it was clearly putting out close to 100% power. Very odd. I am very good mechanically, that is how I make my living, figuring things out and I could not make heads or tails of just what it was, could have been a half helium filled parade toy for all knew.

But Venice Beach IS a human zoo no doubt about it, that's what I loved about the place. Wife was 4th gen Venesian🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree