1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 20:52
    I saw a ufo encounter. My wife saw it too. A day-long hike brought us to an overlook of the grand valley where the city was a mere cluster of lights as the sun went down. We were watching the stars. A brighter light appeared, moving slowly, changing colors. What is that?

It's hard to judge distances under those circumstances, but we both thought it was at about airplane route height - it wasn't an orbiting satellite, and it wasn't fire-place embers or fireflies.

Suddenly a bright point of light zoomed from in from a similar height straight at the pulsing light we were watching. Some impressions: the pulsing color light was calm and mellow, the piercing zoom light was just as bright (brighter than the stars) but somehow seemed smaller.

At about the point where an outstretched hand would cover both lights, they went into a violent rapid orbit about each other, a whirling frenzy. This lasted for bare moments - less than a second or two. Then the color light took off in a high speed straight line, almost straight west. The darting light followed just as fast and straight.

wtf
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 22:031 edit
    I once stepped on a roach.

I was gone for hours and when I came back half of his body was stuck to the ground as the other half dutifully circled the smashed half. Round and round he went for hours and hours.

Shrug. Hard to kill and all that I suppose
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 07:58
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I once stepped on a roach.

I was gone for hours and when I came back half of his body was stuck to the ground as the other half dutifully circled the smashed half. Round and round he went for hours and hours.

Shrug. Hard to kill and all that I suppose
    So you were one of those kids who used a magnifying glass to fry ants too?
  4. In the ****
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 08:39
    Originally posted by @larkie
    The very night my son was born in Sept 1989 in Aberdeen, was the most fantastic display of Aurora Borealis I've ever seen. That seemed very weird and wonderful at the time.
    The Northen Lights have seen queer sights,
    But the queerest they ever did see
    Was that night on the marge of Lake Lebarge
    I cremated Sam McGee.

Robert Service (The Cremation of Sam McGee)
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 10:40
    Originally posted by @rene-claude
    The Northen Lights have seen queer sights,
    But the queerest they ever did see
    Was that night on the marge of Lake Lebarge
    I cremated Sam McGee.

Robert Service (The Cremation of Sam McGee)
    Sam McGee, the guitarist? I met him at his farm in Franklin Tennessee and he taught me Buck dancers Choice and made the comment, 'you really love guitar don't you'. After an aborted attempt to get a job as guitar player in nashville, Sam was the only person I wanted to meet in Tennessee. So I looked him up in phone book and lo and behold, he was there and answered the phone, I said, I would like to see him, he said sure, come on up! He had a wall full of trophies, grammies and such on the wall of his den. Sam and Kirk McGee played a LOT at Grand old Opry back around 1930 to 1960 or so.
  6. In the ****
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 16:001 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Sam McGee, the guitarist? I met him at his farm in Franklin Tennessee and he taught me Buck dancers Choice and made the comment, 'you really love guitar don't you'. After an aborted attempt to get a job as guitar player in nashville, Sam was the only person I wanted to meet in Tennessee. So I looked him up in phone book and lo and behold, he was there an ...[text shortened]... ll of his den. Sam and Kirk McGee played a LOT at Grand old Opry back around 1930 to 1960 or so.
    Now Sam McGee was from Tennessee, where the cotton blooms and blows,
    Why he left his home in the south to roam 'round the pole, God only knows,
    He was always cold, but the land of gold seemed to hold him like a spell;
    Though he'd often say in his homely way that "he'd sooner live in hell."

Ibid
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 22:58
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Once saw a man on the tube eating a raw cauliflower. That was pretty weird.

But it didn't haunt me.
    I looked out of the window of a public bus to see a man washing his arse in a park.
    Just using a regular tap with his pants right down.
    This was like 2kms from the city
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '17 23:04
    Originally posted by @caissad4
    In early 1974 I was at a coffeehouse with my friend Kenny. Kenny was a practitioner of the occult and an ex-Satanist who openly discussed his experiences with most anyone who would listen. He was telling me of his "summoning entities" when from the next table a man stood up, glared at him and loudly said "You're full of sh#t". Kenny stood up and stated tha ...[text shortened]... me the man whose apartment we were at was screaming at Kenny that this was some kind of a trick.
    Nice

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree