1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 00:58
    * Beef expressed at annual yearend holiday party earlier this week: "Bread no longer falls jelly side down but the bread's stale;

the jelly jar's empty; and the old toaster's stopped popping". Told by the host who's young enoungh to be my son. Oy!
    -
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 01:10
    Pork makes me sad. Well, after dinner. Pigs are smarter than dogs, but taste better.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 19:32
    * Selfish, immature people who are hypersensitive to their own needs and insensitive to the needs of others.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 21:26
    Vomuptoit? Is that hurling in Alsatian dialect?
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 21:40
    Originally posted by apathist
    Pork makes me sad. Well, after dinner. Pigs are smarter than dogs, but taste better.
    Not the way Koreans cook 'em (dogs).
  6. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    16 Dec '12 03:225 edits
    * In the name of "quantative easing," the Fed keeps dumping billions of freshly printed money into the economy -- and we are experiencing real, live inflation as a result. While for some reason, no one seems to care.

Be my guest. Go to the grocery store and buy supplies for the week. A family of 4 probably spends more per week on supplies than the ATM's will allow in a single withdrawal ($300). My beef? That people aren't outraged (if not at least outwardly concerned) at all. It's almost as if no one wants to hear about it, talk about it, or do anything about it... everyone is hunkered down in their foxhole, kevlar helmet on head... just waiting for things to get better by themselves.

And here's the kicker: While prices have nearly doubled on just about everything over the last 5-10 years (except for fuel which has tripled) .... average take home income has dropped. And the lemmings and drones of our nation... just go to work, come home, turn on the TV to watch whatever the popular prime time show is, take their sleeping pill, and go to bed... seemingly without a clue or a care in the world.

?????

Has anyone noticed the huge boost in popularity of prescription sleeping medication over the past several years? I've always thought that was weird.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '12 06:361 edit
    Inflation and bad stuff going down in the streets, almost certain in the next few years
    in major cities of the world. Buy non-numismatic silver coins now. Forget shiny gold.
    Too difficult to negogiate purchase of a loaf of bread or a jug of milk with something
    of such considerable value that merchants are unable, on the spot, to make change.
    -
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '12 06:38
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Vomuptoit? Is that hurling in Alsatian dialect?
    Maybe Swedish Brogue. (lol)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree