1. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    13 Nov '19 18:201 edit
    @torunn said
    When I was younger, I thought that maybe one day, in an emergency, I could donate some body part to somebody needing it. Now at this age I'm not so sure it would be useful.
    My body’s worth more than it’s weight in gold to myself. I take excellent care of it in the hope that it will happily entertain me until my dying day. After that I’d like to donate it to medical science where every bit of it can be utilised for medical research for the good of mankind. The only problem is I’ll need to chat to my sons about it first as my ashes wouldn’t be returned to them for 2 years so there are funeral plans to be made.
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    13 Nov '19 18:371 edit
    @drewnogal said
    My body’s worth more than it’s weight in gold to myself. I take excellent care of it in the hope that it will happily entertain me until my dying day. After that I’d like to donate it to medical science where every bit of it can be utilised for medical research for the good of mankind. The only problem is I’ll need to chat to my sons about it first as my ashes wouldn’t be returned to them for 2 years so there are funeral plans to be made.
    I have given my consent to donate 'organs and tissues after my death for transplants and other medical purposes'. Meanwhile I try to stay as fit as I can, nothing extraordinary, just normal healthy living.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Nov '19 20:071 edit
    @torunn said
    I have given my consent to donate 'organs and tissues after my death for transplants and other medical purposes'. Meanwhile I try to stay as fit as I can, nothing extraordinary, just normal healthy living.
    That reminds me of a question I was going to ask...As one gets older are our organs less wanted?

Knowing I would get some smart a$$ed responses from some I looked it up and found this answer.

WE know the brain starts breaking down during middle-age, but what about our bodies? While scientists have found mental decline occurs in our 40s, our organs start declining much earlier. Most bodily functions peak shortly before age 30 and then start going downhill.Sep 20, 2013
    The age your body breaks down - News.com.au
    https://www.news.com.au › the-age-your-body-breaks-down › news-story

-VR
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    13 Nov '19 20:12
    @very-rusty said
    That reminds me of a question I was going to ask...As one gets older are our organs less wanted?

-VR
    I would guess so, they have aged with us.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Nov '19 20:13
    @torunn said
    I would guess so, they have aged with us.
    Please see what I've found in the post above yours.

-VR
  6. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    13 Nov '19 20:21
    @very-rusty said

Knowing I would get some smart a$$ed responses from some I looked it up and found this answer.

WE know the brain starts breaking down during middle-age, but what about our bodies? While scientists have found mental decline occurs in our 40s, our organs start declining muc ...[text shortened]... eaks down - News.com.au
    https://www.news.com.au › the-age-your-body-breaks-down › news-story

-VR
    not less wanted
    only less preferred
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Nov '19 20:301 edit
    @lemondrop said
    not less wanted
    only less preferred
    Ok, I'll go with that! 😉

Is 70 considered old?
    One study distinguishes the young old (60 to 69), the middle old (70 to 79), and the very old (80+). Another study's sub-grouping is young-old (65 to 74), middle-old (75–84), and oldest-old (85+). A third sub-grouping is "young old" (65–74), "old" (74–84), and "old-old" (85+).
    Old age - Wikipedia
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki › Old_age

-VR
  8. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 07:39
    @lemondrop said
    if BS was worth a nickel a pound there would be a lot of rich posters
    you misspelled "Farmers"
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 11:30
    @ponderable said
    you misspelled "Farmers"
    I believe his spelling was correct in this case pondy!~ 😉

-VR
  10. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Nov '19 11:44

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree