1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 14:021 edit
    @suzianne said
    A professional seminar, conference or exposition?
    Getting closer. Where I am (or 'was' earlier) I knew nobody but was in the presence of immense knowledge.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 14:04
    @lemondrop said
    a library
    Give that man a cigar.

😀
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 14:041 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Getting closer. Where I am (or 'was' earlier) I knew nobody but was in the presence of emenese knowledge.
    Are you trying to impress anyone goad? 😛 😉

Shows how fragile you really are in life!

-VR
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 14:07
    @very-rusty said
    Are you trying to impress anyone goad? 😛 😉

Shows how fragile you really are in life!

-VR
    Yes sir, I am trying to impress people by being in a library.

😵
  5. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 14:08
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Give that man a cigar.

😀
    🙂
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 14:09
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Yes sir, I am trying to impress people by being in a library.

😵
    I don't believe a word of most of what you say goad.

I believe you were going to say at a seminar, you went with library instead! 😛 😉

-VR
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 14:11
    @lemondrop said
    a library
    I think doing all that kissing of his butt as worked for you gerty! 😉

-VR
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 14:16
    @very-rusty said
    I don't believe a word of most of what you say goad.

I believe you were going to say at a seminar, you went with library instead! 😛 😉

-VR
    Why must you try and suck the life out of every thread?

I went into the library this morning to log onto this site. Why does that befuddle you so?
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 14:19
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Why must you try and suck the life out of every thread?

I went into the library this morning to log onto this site. Why does that befuddle you so?
    Why would you go in the library to log into this site, when you said you had a mobile device, did your mobile device need charging.

Am I taking life out of the thread or putting some into it, depends in the seat your sitting in I would assume!! 😛 😉

-VR
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 14:25
    @very-rusty said
    Why would you go in the library to log into this site, when you said you had a mobile device, did your mobile device need charging.

Am I taking life out of the thread or putting some into it, depends in the seat your sitting in I would assume!! 😛 😉

-VR
    Not sure how it works in Canada, but in London libraries, we get 1 hour of free internet access on a public computer. (A day) During a break, while out in the community, why would I 'not' make use of this?
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 14:331 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Not sure how it works in Canada, but in London libraries, we get 1 hour of free internet access on a public computer. (A day) During a break, while out in the community, why would I 'not' make use of this?
    We have free wifi in all our Tim Horton's and Macdonalds which stretch from one side of Canada to the other....Do you have to pay for all your internet usage?....

In my home I do have to pay for internet but a set amount each month that rarely changes.

-VR
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 16:19
    @very-rusty said
    We have free wifi in all our Tim Horton's and Macdonalds which stretch from one side of Canada to the other....Do you have to pay for all your internet usage?....

In my home I do have to pay for internet but a set amount each month that rarely changes.

-VR
    Wifi is only useful if I am carrying my laptop. (Which isn't always the case). Libraries are great. A safe and free place to access the internet on a large screen. (And in my case, with a connecting coffee shop).
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 16:25
    @very-rusty said
    We have free wifi in all our Tim Horton's and Macdonalds which stretch from one side of Canada to the other.
    -VR
    Do you mean you just go in there and mooch off their wifi without buying anything? We expect better manners from our Canadian neighbo(u)rs! 😉
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 16:29
    @caesar-salad said
    Do you mean you just go in there and mooch off their wifi without buying anything? We expect better manners from our Canadian neighbo(u)rs! 😉
    Not sure I would want to use my laptop in Mcdonalds.

There are a couple of local coffee shops I sometimes work from, but always in a corner table with my back to the wall.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 16:33
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Wifi is only useful if I am carrying my laptop. (Which isn't always the case). Libraries are great. A safe and free place to access the internet on a large screen. (And in my case, with a connecting coffee shop).
    Most have the internet on their phones these days goad, saves carrying around a laptop....Hell you can stick the phone in a pocket providing your pockets are big enough. I can access everything on my phone that I can on my main computer which is a tower built from scratch so all parts are replaceable if something goes wrong.

My monitor for my tower is 26 inches very large monitor. I don't care for laptops screens on all of them are way too small for my liking!!! 😉 I feel safe where ever I happen to be!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree