1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jan '13 07:121 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy

They need help, Bobby, not ridicule. How would you like to spend the night in one of those cardboard boxes?
    Already have. Several, literally, in cities you wouldn't believe. Tolerable for a night

or two, especially since you meet some of the most resourceful fellow travellers.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jan '13 07:14
    Originally posted by rookie54

there are a few subjects that common sense tells me are not suited for discussion ANYWHERE on the internet...

not even email...

heck,
    it could open a huge can of worms,
    and folks might think yer a CHICK!!!
    and the nigerian lottery con men,
    will start acting like government dicks...

tsk...
    You may be right.
    Let's let it die.

----------------------
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 17:06
    The will,if well pondered is a good things for the ones to live on, since it can forestall family wars.

It's really shocking how much problems I already saw on that count. And those weren't big assets.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 17:18
    Can one make a "Won't"? You know an antiwill. Something like: "And to my dear sons and daughters, who were the bane of my existance, I "WON"T" leave a single thing. To my loyal and trusting servant (I know you stole those cigars) I also "WON"T" leave a thing. Etc, etc.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 17:28
    It's easier to say who will get what.

So if the trusted servant stole the cigars you can give him at the opening of the will by: "I thank my faithful servant Jim, who already got his share in my lifetime in Cigars"
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 20:39
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    It's easier to say who will get what.

So if the trusted servant stole the cigars you can give him at the opening of the will by: "I thank my faithful servant Jim, who already got his share in my lifetime in Cigars"
    Are you Jim's brother Eric? How'd you no his name if you're not?
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 20:56
    Let's let it die. Please start another thread to accomodate chit chat about family.

---------------------------------------
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 21:15
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    You're just jealous 'cos I'm talented.

😀
    If you're so talented at scrounging, why are you doing it with the likes of us?
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 21:17
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Let's let it die. Please start another thread to accomodate chit chat about family.

---------------------------------------
    Take my advice about powers of attorney (financial and medical decisions) if you have someone you can trust, and about advance health directive if you trust yourself to make decisions now while you are (relatively) competent. You don't know what condition you will be in when these decisions have to be made.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 21:33
    Originally posted by JS357

Take my advice about powers of attorney (financial and medical decisions) if you have someone you can trust, and about advance health directive if you trust yourself to make decisions now while you are (relatively) competent. You don't know what condition you will be in when these decisions have to be made.
    It's become a sensitive issue. Twice I've asked that the conversation be closed. Persist with your own agenda,

if you must. On of the nice features of open forums, on some days, they do allow the monkeys to run the zoo.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 21:45
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    It's become a sensitive issue. Twice I've asked that the conversation be closed. Persist with your own agenda,

if you must. On of the nice features of open forums, on some days, they do allow the monkeys to run the zoo.
    And I'm sure we/they appreciate it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree