Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Neuroticism: Average
    Extraversion: Very low
    Openness to Experience: High
    Agreeableness: Very Low
    Conscientiousness: High
    Persuasiveness: High
    "Extraversion: Very low"

Oh, you homebody, you. In one way, I could have expected this from you.

However, the Neuroticism factors seem skewed. The questions seemed to think that "worriers", even those who only worry about bills and such, denote neurosis, which seems a bit much to me.

Similarly, "Agreeableness" here seems to mean "going along to get along".

What were your impressions about the accuracy of the test?

I think it is interesting that most of the more prolific posters here score higher in "Extraversion" (the pollsters must be British, methinks). Maybe you're the exception that proves the rule, I'm not sure.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 19:58
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    "[b]Extraversion: Very low"

However, the Neuroticism factors seem skewed. The questions seemed to think that "worriers", even those who only worry about bills and such, denote neurosis, which seems a bit much to me.

Similarly, "Agreeableness" here seems to mean "going al ...[text shortened]... ters must be British, methinks). Maybe you're the exception that proves the rule, I'm not sure.[/b]
    I think it depends on whether or not the "tested" are being forthright with their answers and I think Drewnogal's suggestion might show different results...maybe. 🙂
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 20:03
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    I think it depends on whether or not the "tested" are being forthright with their answers and I think Drewnogal's suggestion might show different results...maybe. 🙂
    It is difficult to answer consistently in all the questions, they seem to contradict each other. If I did the test again, I might get a different result. I seemed like a total stranger.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 20:101 edit
    Originally posted by @torunn
    It is difficult to answer consistently in all the questions, they seem to contradict each other. If I did the test again, I might get a different result. I seemed like a total stranger.
    I think mine was fairly accurate actually, but others may differ. It is hard to judge ones self, probably the test would be better done my someone else for you?

-VR
  6. The World
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 20:11
    "[b]Extraversion: Very low"

Similarly, "Agreeableness" here seems to mean "going al ...[text shortened]... ters must be British, methinks). Maybe you're the exception that proves the rule, I'm not sure.[/b]
    I'm intrigued by it, and wonder how we were ever meant to confirm how others see us. Surely to have an opinion on that aspect reeks of arrogance?

I'm certainly a major introvert, and pedantic in my organisation and planning. So certainly some accuracy.

I think that it can skew results by having some questions with double negatives and unusual ways of querying the participant.

There is also one question I didn't even see because there was a delay in acknowledging my answer, which meant I pressed again, without having noticed the question.
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 20:131 edit
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    I think mine was fairly accurate actually, but others may differ. It is hard to judge ones self, probably the test would be better done my someone else for you?

-VR
    Yes, or maybe try another test. 🙂
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 20:20
    I wonder if the test was meant for you to take your time answering or getting you to answer quickly so as not to let you have time to really think about what you answer. Quick usually means honest. I did say "usually".
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 20:21
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    I wonder if the test was meant for you to take your time answering or getting you to answer quickly so as not to let you have time to really think about what you answer. Quick usually means honest. I did say "usually".
    I answered quickly, as usual. If I had taken more time, I would just be confused and uncertain.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 20:22
    Worrying about the test results in itself reveals a certain neuroticism.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 20:22
    I answered quickly, as usual. If I had taken more time, I would just be confused and uncertain.
    like my chess moves, I too answered quickly.
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 20:25
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Worrying about the test results in itself reveals a certain neuroticism.
    I usually don't take general tests such as this one seriously - if at all - but since that is what this thread is about, it's conversation.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 20:26
    Yes, or maybe try another test. 🙂
    I think another test would result in the same answer. I didn't dwell on the questions, just answered them quickly. Now if I took the test again and took my time and deliberated over each and every answer it may change a bit, but I doubt it. Just did it for fun anyways, some questions seem to repeat themselves only worded differently.

-VR
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 20:30
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    I think another test would result in the same answer. I didn't dwell on the questions, just answered them quickly. Now if I took the test again and took my time and deliberated over each and every answer it may change a bit, but I doubt it. Just did it for fun anyways, some questions seem to repeat themselves only worded differently.

-VR
    Kind of like The Quebec Referendum?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 20:58
    I, too, feel my Conscientiousness Score should be higher, but this is an interesting test.

Neuroticism Score: Average
    You tend to be generally calm and able to deal with stress, but sometimes experience feelings of guilt, anger and sadness.

Extraversion Score: High
    You tend to be extraverted, outgoing, active and high-spirited. You prefer to be aro ...[text shortened]... eness Score: Very High
    You are confident. charismatic, empathic, and have a strong personality.
    “Neuroticism Score: Average”

😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree