1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 20:30
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Interesting: you post in search for thumbs up for validation and, shockingly,
    link popularity with "truth".

How very... sheepish of you. But it's o.k., we all mature at some point.
    Funny you mention this, especially after the latest wave of new crap threads "searching for thumbs up for validation". The only question I ask is, why now, after all these years of lying in the shadows of debates and then spirituality.

In New York City, you can get your neighbors to hate you if you fumigate your apartment, because all the nasties escape to the neighboring apartments.
  2. Standard memberyo its meonline
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 20:50
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    How's that kool-aid taste? I know, yeah, it's pretty.
    Hummmm.
    Anyway, did you have an opinion Suzianne?
    What do you reckon: wouldn't policies be more thought out if the decision makers where evenly mixed by gender?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 23:202 edits
    Nice bending of the facts.

It is the conservatives who are so obsessed with regulating people and freeing corporations. The liberals want to regulate corporations and free the people. You do know the difference, don't you?
    Corporations are government constructs.

They are like mini governments that raise their cash for elections and fuel their economy..

They pretend they are "private" but when they go belly up we know better, don't we.

The terms "conservative" and "liberal" have lost their meaning over the years. Today, the GOP champions big government abroad and small government at home while the DNC champions big government at home and small government abroad. But at the end of the day we get both every damn time.

And why not? If you create Frankenstein he goes where he bloody wants. After all, who's gonna stop him?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 23:25
    Simple. They know who he is, in there, and don't put up with his nonsense, like they do in the GF. So, for him, it's not a zero sum game like it is out here in the GF, more like a negative sum game, and so he stays away. Too bad we can't get the same in here and in Spirituality. Maybe then vilification of normal people would stop. Yeah, I know, I'm dreaming.
    I would imagine your reasons for not posting (much) in the Debates Forum are more or less the same as mine.

What about the thread topic, though?

Would the inclusion of more women in positions of power and leadership perhaps lead to better decision making and less corruption in the management of our public domains?
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 23:27
    Maybe then vilification of normal people would stop.
    I wonder if in your vilification you include bullying persons by using their personal
    and panful life stories and dead relatives, plus the spamming, copy pasting,
    hollier-than-thou arrogance, and non-stop hypocrisy.

Or am I reading you the other way around? Er... am I, in you eyes, one of the
    normal (aka "goodies"😉 or one of the vilifiers (aka "baddies"😉.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 23:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    I would imagine your reasons for not posting (much) in the Debates Forum are more or less the same as mine.

What about the thread topic, though?

Would the inclusion of more women in positions of power and leadership perhaps lead to better decision making and less corruption in the management of our public domains?
    Yes, I think if the US elects Hillary she will bring peace to the world and end all corruption in the US federal government.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 23:33
    I wonder if in your vilification you include bullying persons by using their personal
    and panful life stories and dead relatives, plus the spamming, copy pasting,
    hollier-than-thou arrogance, and non-stop hypocrisy.

Or am I reading you the other way around? Er... am I, in you eyes, one of the
    normal (aka "goodies"😉 or one of the vilifiers (aka "baddies"😉.
    Holier than thou arrogance?

Good thing you nave none of that. 😵
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 23:36
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes, I think if the US elects Hillary she will bring peace to the world and end all corruption in the US federal government.
    What about women more generally speaking? I am not so interested in discussing your views on US retail politics or your preferences for the US presidential election.
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 23:39

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 23:411 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    What about women more generally speaking? I am not so interested in discussing your views on US retail politics or your preferences for the US presidential election.
    What about them?

I see no greater or less virtue based upon sex, but it seems you do or you would not have created the thread.

So how did you come to this conclusion?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 23:49
    Originally posted by whodey
    What about them?

I see no greater or less virtue based upon sex, but it seems you do or you would not have created the thread.

So how did you come to this conclusion?
    Where I live, women when they are organized and when they get to participate in decision making and leadership at the grassroots level clearly have different priorities. These priorities reflect their different perspectives on what is important in everyday life. They also arguably buck the trends and bad habits of a system totally controlled by men since the year dot. I am not convinced that we can judge what women would offer to the political domain merely on the performance and character of women who fight their way to the top of a male dominated political culture on the male political culture's own terms ~ like Hillary in the US.
  12. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 00:001 edit
    Where I live, women when they are organized and when they get to participate
    in decision making and leadership at the grassroots level clearly have different
    priorities. These priorities reflect their different perspectives on what is important
    in everyday life. They also arguably buck the trends and bad habits of a system
    totally controlled by men since the year dot. So, when organizing a party, you
    see that guys just buy lots of beer and arrange a place where they can relax,
    drinking it all, eat grilled sausage, watch sports, and then fall in drunken stupor.
    Instead, ladies buy cider and a little beer, some wine, finger food, napkins and the
    rest of the implements needed. They also confirm several times so the guests
    arrive on time and properly attired. Music is always present, not to low but not
    to loud, to allow social interaction, and condoms are readily available... unless,
    of course, the men attending are not losers and the ladies, a bit over thirty, can
    hear their biological clock ticking with the subtlety of a machine gun.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 00:01
    Where I live, women when they are organized and when they get to participate
    in decision making and leadership at the grassroots level clearly have different
    priorities. These priorities reflect their different perspectives on what is important
    in everyday life. They also arguably buck the trends and bad habits of a system
    totally controlled by men si ...[text shortened]... a bit over thirty, can
    hear their biological clock ticking with the subtlety of a machine gun.
    Not your funniest material.
  14. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 00:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Not your funniest material.
    I stopped being funny back in 1974
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 01:45
    Funny you mention this, especially after the latest wave of new crap threads "searching for thumbs up for validation". The only question I ask is, why now, after all these years of lying in the shadows of debates and then spirituality.
    Is this a "new crap thread"? If not, do you have any on-topic comment about the OP? 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree