1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 15:48
    Originally posted by divegeester
    RHP is a small enterprise in the big scheme of things and therefore the owners and shareholders (if any) will be more interested in reliable revenue streams rather than "market share". Perhaps you would be better serving Russ by promoting the site and subscriptions within your local community of by starting a blog; which has been suggested to you on many ...[text shortened]... rket is so fragmented that referring to market share is only really meaningful on a macro level.
    And who is now presuming to give "a small enterprise in the big scheme of things"
    business advice regarding "revenue streams rather than 'market share'" ?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 15:49
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    And who is now presuming to give "a small enterprise in the big scheme of things"
    business advice regarding "revenue streams rather than 'market share'" ?
    I'm not presuming to give advice to Russ, I'm giving advice to you Grampy Bobby.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 15:52
    That rich coming from you!
    Stalking me this morning geester? I hope it's feeding your ego and your need for self validation. You display the same egocentrism as the rest of your friends in that unless you can find a way to put someone down and ignor the topic you don't feel good about yourself. You and your buddies are just a bunch of trolls.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 15:541 edit
    RHP is a small enterprise in the big scheme of things and therefore the owners and shareholders (if any) will be more interested in maintaining reliable revenue streams rather than gaining nebulous "market share". Perhaps you would be better serving Russ by promoting the site and generating more subscriptions within your local community, or perhaps by st ...[text shortened]... rket is so fragmented that referring to market share is only really meaningful on a macro level.
    The use of the term "market share" in the context of where it was used is a figure of speech, dipstick.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 15:55
    Originally posted by josephw
    Stalking me this morning geester? I hope it's feeding your ego and your need for self validation. You display the same egocentrism as the rest of your friends in that unless you can find a way to put someone down and ignor the topic you don't feel good about yourself. You and your buddies are just a bunch of trolls.
    Surely the discussion divegeester and Grampy Bobby are having is on topic, right?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 15:59
    The use of the term "market share" in the context of where it was used is a figure of speach, dipstick.
    The question Grampy Bobby hasn't answered is why is it he thinks it is necessary for market share to increase for the forums and chess to continue?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 16:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    Surely the discussion divegeester and Grampy Bobby are having is on topic, right?
    Wrong. Read the OP.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 16:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    The question Grampy Bobby hasn't answered is why is it he thinks it is necessary for market share to increase for the forums and chess to continue?
    Yet no one has answered any of Bob's questions in the OP. No one is on topic. That's the issue here. Not the obvious attempts to obfuscate the purpose of the questions posed in the OP.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 16:12
    Wrong. Read the OP.
    Didn't the author of the OP himself say "And doesn't it seem that we all win when Red Hot Pawn succeeds in winning more market share" ~ and further comments related to that claim ~ on page 2 ?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 16:13
    Yet no one has answered any of Bob's questions in the OP. No one is on topic. That's the issue here. Not the obvious attempts to obfuscate the purpose of the questions posed in the OP.
    Have you answered any of Bob's questions in the OP?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 16:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    Have you answered any of Bob's questions in the OP?
    No. I'm having more fun answering to the trolls. 😉
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 16:21
    No. I'm having more fun answering to the trolls. 😉
    Doesn't that make you rather hypocritical? Grampy Bobby has raised the issue of the supposed importance of increasing market share. Both divegeester and I have engaged him on this.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 16:221 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester (Page 3)
    I'm not presuming to give advice to Russ, I'm giving advice to you Grampy Bobby.
    "RHP is a small enterprise in the big scheme of things and therefore the owners and shareholders (if any) will be more interested in maintaining reliable revenue streams rather than gaining nebulous "market share". Perhaps you would be better serving Russ by promoting the site and generating more subscriptions within your local community, or perhaps by starting a blog; which has been suggested to you on many occasions.

Besides, market share of what? Online chess? online gaming generally? The market is so fragmented that referring to market share is only really meaningful on a macro level."
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 16:25
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [Copy paste of another poster's message, without comment]
    Why is it you think it is necessary for market share to increase for the forums and chess to continue? What would happen ~ to your way of thinking ~ if the market share that RHP has remained as it is?
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 16:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why is it you think it is necessary for market share to increase for the forums and chess to continue? What would happen ~ to your way of thinking ~ if the market share that RHP has remained as it is?
    Unless I'm wrong that wasn't Bob's point in making the reference to "market share", but was intend to mean the increase in interest in RHP by increasing on topic, meaningful and civil discourse within the forums.

Trolls just aren't interested in any of that because it doesn't feed their ego's. Trolls need to belittle and criticize others to validate their existence. GrampyBobby isn't interested in wallowing in the mire like I will. He's interested in meaningful and civil dialog, something trolls hate, therefore their hateful diatribes against him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree