Your time here / Your time on Earth ?

Your time here / Your time on Earth ?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Sep 13
1 edit

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Not amazing at all when you consider the fact that the site is less than 13 years old.
Of necessity, older players have low ratings and younger players can be close to 50%.
Few join at the minimum age of thirteen (13); I know of only two: my friend Tygert and my grandson Kyle. He and his older sister, Monica, have always known me as "Grampy Bobby". In July. 2007, when they were seven and nine years old, my son Eric became an RHP Member the same day he encouraged me to join. Purpose was to enable his two children to play mentoring chess games with their Grampy. Kyle joined in April, 2013, on his own. That's how my nickname came to be (out of deference to them, rather than Boston Lad). Isn't it nice for Old Codgers to have young people around?

Moves
27 Sep 13

How does that compare with the average chess player?
Now if YOU started a club I would join.

Read a book!

Moves
27 Sep 13

Originally posted by divegeester
Now if YOU started a club I would join.
Thanks. πŸ™‚

I'll add your name to the waiting list.

R

Moves
27 Sep 13

Thanks. πŸ™‚

I'll add your name to the waiting list.
Your profile picture really looks like you're in jail.

Read a book!

Moves
27 Sep 13

Originally posted by Tygert
Your profile picture really looks like you're in jail.
Yours looks like you're made out of plastic.

R

Moves
28 Sep 13

Yours looks like you're made out of plastic.
That's the king from my ivory chess set.

Read a book!

Moves
28 Sep 13

That's the king from my ivory chess set.
Did you kill the elephant first or sever the tusk while it was still breathing?

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/africa/130713/elephant-ivory-africa-kenya-somalia-obama-al-shabaab-lra-uganda

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
28 Sep 13

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Sep 13

Nah, you only come out at 4.1 percentπŸ™‚

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
29 Sep 13
3 edits

I have been on this site for approximately 4.76% of my life.
Well Mr I-Have-A-Stanford-Binet-IQ-Rating-Of-161. At the point of writing that post you had been on here roughly 7 +2/3 months; and as that represents 4.76% of your life then you are reporting your age as near about 13 2/5. Moreover, since you joined this site just less than 8 months ago then you would have had to have joined this site prior to reaching the age of 13.

According to yourself you have broken the TOS.

Read a book!

Moves
29 Sep 13

Originally posted by Agerg
Well Mr I-Have-A-Stanford-Binet-IQ-Rating-Of-161. At the point of writing that post you had been on here roughly 7 +2/3 months; and as that represents 4.76% of your life then you are reporting your age as near about 13 2/5. Moreover, since you joined this site just less than 8 months ago then you would have had to have joined this site prior to reaching the age of 13.

According to yourself you have broken the TOS.
I think he grabbed his teddy bear and went to bed.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Oct 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Agerg
It occurs to me that I've been associated with this site for what is approaching one fifth (20% ) of the time I have ever existed - I find this quite impressive (yeah I'm easily impressed!)

over to you ...
Of the "one fifth (20% ) of the time", would the mix between time devoted to chess games and forum activity be equal?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Oct 13

Note: My own moves total 29,744; public forum posts 28,841: 8,460 [12.1.1 to 13.10.24] / 22 Months x 75 Months [07.13.07 to 12.12.31] or about equal with 29.744/75 = 397 Moves and 28,840/72 or 385 Posts per Month on Average.

WM
The King of Detroit

The Jungle

Moves
25 Oct 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Few join at the minimum age of thirteen (13); I know of only two: my friend Tygert and my grandson Kyle. He and his older sister, Monica, have always known me as "Grampy Bobby". In July. 2007, when they were seven and nine years old, my son Eric became an RHP Member the same day he encouraged me to join. Purpose was to enable his two children to play me ...[text shortened]... nce to them, rather than Boston Lad). Isn't it nice for Old Codgers to have young people around?
Interesting. Since time is relative, (I can actually call you "Gramps" now); Every minute, every second, every moment (moment meaning any aspect of time, no matter how large or small), your and Agerg's opinion are relative, but not concrete...thoughts?...

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
25 Oct 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Westside Mobster
Interesting. Since time is relative, (I can actually call you "Gramps" now); Every minute, every second, every moment (moment meaning any aspect of time, no matter how large or small), your and Agerg's opinion are relative, but not concrete...thoughts?...
So in other words, their heads are full of rocks and sand but no cement. πŸ˜€