1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Oct '13 06:011 edit
    Originally posted by Westside Mobster
    Interesting. Since time is relative, (I can actually call you "Gramps" now); Every minute, every second, every moment (moment meaning any aspect of time, no matter how large or small), your and Agerg's opinion are relative, but not concrete...thoughts?...
    Let's agree to forget Gramps and Agberg out of deference to Mr. Green: "There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get... I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful." -John Green, The Fault in Our Stars.... Does he shed light on your question?
  2. Standard memberWestside Mobster
    The King of Detroit
    The Jungle
    Moves
    25 Oct '13 15:14
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Let's agree to forget Gramps and Agberg out of deference to Mr. Green: "There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used t ...[text shortened]... and I'm grateful." -John Green, The Fault in Our Stars.... Does he shed light on your question?
    Nice. "Gramps" 😉
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    25 Oct '13 16:27
    Originally posted by Agerg
    It occurs to me that I've been associated with this site for what is approaching one fifth (20% ) of the time I have ever existed - I find this quite impressive (yeah I'm easily impressed!)

over to you ...
    32.1% of my life as of today.
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    25 Oct '13 17:412 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Let's agree to forget Gramps and Agberg out of deference to Mr. Green: "There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used t ...[text shortened]... and I'm grateful." -John Green, The Fault in Our Stars.... Does he shed light on your question?
    -John Green, The Fault in Our Stars....

An interesting title. It contradicts Shakespeares line... "The fault lies not in our stars but in ourselves."

I'm always thinking of titles for books, but never follow through by actually writing a book. My most recent idea for a title comes from reading these threads. And so my new unpublished book (only the title, I'll let the readers write the book) is entitled The Public Lives of Private People 😉😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree