1. Joined
    06 Jun '04
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 19:25
    Greetings:
    I want them to congratulate by the site and step to make my consultation. My name is Marcelo Jorquera C. and I am Master FIDE.
    It wanted to know if you must as political grant accounts to titleholders FIDE free (FM, MI or GM). If it is thus, I can send my data and documentation to them to enjoy this site.
    Without another individual one takes leave,

Marcelo Jorquera C.
    FIDE Master
    m_jorquera@hotmail.com
  2. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 19:364 edits
    I'm sure this is a joke. However, even if it wasn't, it seems a bit rich for you to be asking for a free account after making only 2 moves! 🙄

Also, why is it that because you're a better player than I, or the majority of people here, you should be given an account for free? The susbcription to this site, after all is said and done, is a mere token gesture. Why anyone would quibble about paying it I don't know?!
  3. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 20:11
    Originally posted by Exy
    I'm sure this is a joke. However, even if it wasn't, it seems a bit rich for you to be asking for a [b]free account after making only 2 moves! 🙄

Also, why is it that because you're a better player than I, or the majority of people here, should you be given an account for free? The susbcription to this site, after all is said and done, is a mere token gesture. Why anyone would quibble about paying it I don't know.[/b]
    Calm down. I don't think this is a joke. I think this poster wrote this in Italian and translated it to english to post.

Many chess sites offer titled players free subscriptions if they use their true names. It's good for a site to be able to say that they have real chess masters. So jorquerino question is not unreasonable. In fact, I'd say it's not a bad idea. I'm for offering titled players fee subscriptions if they use their true names. Seems like a good bargain for RHP.

Welocome to the site jorquerino.
  4. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 20:155 edits
    I am calm.

I understand that this person may well be who he is claiming to be. I looked him up and he's Chilean, so it would be Spanish, not Italian.

However, I personally do not think it's good for the site. What is good for the site is people paying a modest subscription fee in order for the admins to keep it running for the mutual good of all of us, regardless of ability.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 20:34
    Originally posted by Exy
    I am calm.

I understand that this person may well be who he is claiming to be. I looked him up and he's Chilean, so it would be Spanish, not Italian.

However, I personally do not think it's good for the site. What is good for the site is people paying a [b]modest
    subscription fee in order for the admins to keep it running for the mutual good of all of us, regardless of ability.[/b]
    If this Master were to tell people in the Real World of Chess about Red Hot Pawn, perhaps it would be good advertising to have a master on the site.

So long as this all is on the Up and Up. Can't beat a celebrity when it comes to advertising. Call it a sponsorship?

P-

6. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 20:361 edit
    Really?

Well, I was always under the impression that this was a chess for fun site?

The subscription, such as it is, doesn't buy you the right to play games, tournaments etc, it recognises the effort put in by Russ and Chris that keeps this site ticking over and constantly improving.

It makes me mad that so many people want something for nothing, or post trivial offensive posts in the forums that cause unrest amongst those willing to pay and take part for the overall good of this online community.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 20:38
    Originally posted by Exy
    Really?

Chess is always fun, but I think Russ likes making money also. Cant hurt to have some masters running around talking about it.

But now, everytime I read his messge it means something new... does he want free chess, or free chess for all masters??

Strange post.

P-
  8. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 21:35
    Originally posted by Exy
    Really?

The subscription, such as it is, doesn't buy you the right to play games, tournaments etc, it recognises the effort put in by Russ and Chris that keeps this site ticking over and constantly improving.

It makes me mad that so many people want something for nothing, or ...[text shortened]... unrest amongst those willing to pay and take part for the overall good of this online community.
    Nothing? If a title player let RHP use his name, that's not nothing. There's no freebie here. It's quid pro quo. And yes, you are playing to play more games, tournaments, etc. Those are the services being sold by Russ and Co. Now if RHP could advertise they have X number of master chess players, and here's their names, that would be worth at least a free subscription considering how many additional paying players that would join the site.
  9. Joined
    06 Jun '04
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 21:43
    Hello to all:
    In fact I am Chilean and I use a translator, perhaps for that reason my message is confused.
    I sent the consultation by the forum, since I did not saw a mail or form of direct bonding with admin. I will hope that he I answered myself my personal mail if he is so amable.
    Also I create necessary to indicate that I take two just moved because I discovered the site in Internet today and I liked much.
    Good, that would be everything so far. Greetings,

Marcelo Jorquera C.
    FIDE Master
    m_jorquera@hotmail.com
  10. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 21:472 edits
    Originally posted by Coletti
    Nothing? If a title player let RHP use his name, that's not nothing. There's no freebie here. It's quid pro quo. And yes, you are playing to play more games, tournaments, etc. Those are the services being sold by Russ and Co. Now i ...[text shortened]... ering how many additional paying players that would join the site.
    I live in the UK, as does Russ and Chris and we're talking about approx £12 a year.

0.032876 pence a day!

11. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 21:571 edit
    Originally posted by jorquerino
    Hello to all:
    In fact I am Chilean and I use a translator, perhaps for that reason my message is confused.
    I sent the consultation by the forum, since I did not saw a mail or form of direct bonding with admin. I will hope that he I a ...[text shortened]... tings,

Marcelo Jorquera C.
    FIDE Master
    m_jorquera@hotmail.com
    ¿Se da cuenta de usted que usted puede jugar hasta 6 juegos inmediatamente en este sitio para libre para siempre sin pagar un centavo?
  12. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 22:08
    Russ, Chris

I have had a look at this guys FIDE rating, and lets just say he is very good. Give him a freebie on the premise that he gives all of the Maiden clan members some free lessons.

🙂
  13. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 22:57
    Why all the fuss?It is very common for chess sites to give masters free accounts.Non-paying masters bring in 1000's of paying members.Count your profits!
    It might give RHP a tremendous boost.I'm quite anxious to see what Russ and chrismo will decide.

Sir Lot.
  14. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 23:112 edits
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    Why all the fuss?It is very common for chess sites to give masters free accounts.Non-paying masters bring in 1000's of paying members.Count your profits!
    It might give RHP a tremendous boost.I'm quite anxious to see what Russ and chrismo will decide.

Sir Lot.
    Sorry - I really don't understand this - so I make movies for a living - so what I can just go to Amazon.com and order what I want up for free? What are you talking about?!

Also, Edmond "Ironman" Dantes is an IM and I don't believe he's playing here gratis. So what is all this about?
  15. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    06 Jun '04 23:26
    Try thinking of it as product placement 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree