Account free for titleholder?

Account free for titleholder?

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t
a unique loser

LIAAA

Moves
07 Jun 04

I don't think it will be a good idea Marc. If you are giving away prices for tournament wins etcetera, the site will attract more cheaters or people will cheat to earn prices, so I don't think that is a good idea.

About the free membership for masters: I think it is a good idea. It will be a cheap and good advertisement and besides that, I would like to have some masters around here. I think I can learn pretty much from them. The same I did form Edmond Dantes.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
07 Jun 04

Originally posted by tejo
I don't think it will be a good idea Marc. If you are giving away prices for tournament wins etcetera, the site will attract more cheaters or people will cheat to earn prices, so I don't think that is a good idea.

About the free membership for masters: I think it is a good idea. It will be a cheap and good advertisement and besides that, I would like to h ...[text shortened]... sters around here. I think I can learn pretty much from them. The same I did form Edmond Dantes.
I still think it would be worth a try. If cheaters become a problem, then discontinue the program.

From what I have seen here so far, cheaters do not last very long on the site. I suspect it would require a major amount of serious effort to become an undetected cheater around here, and the prize I suggested certainly wouldn't justify that much hard work.

Marc

P

Moves
11 Jun 04

Originally posted by Exy
Sorry - I really don't understand this - so I make movies for a living - so what I can just go to Amazon.com and order what I want up for free? What are you talking about?!
No, but if you are a movie star, you tend to get invited to premiers (without the ticket charge), and get past the lines into clubs for free.

I expect that if Amazon.com could make as much use of celebrity status of a shopper as a club can of their customer, that yes, they'd be allowing stars to shop for free, within reason.

Personally, I don't see a problem with giving certified masters a free membership - if the presense of those masters can be used to attract paying members. I also wouldn't mind playing a master now and then - I expect that I'd get a buttkicking as instructional as the ones I've received from Mr. Dantes! 😵

So is it unfair? I don't think so. Achievement should bring with it it's reasonable perks. Subject your personal life to the public eye and become a celebrity, and get into clubs for free - dedicate your time to chess, become a master, and get a 20 buck membership for free! 😀

Doesn't seem that unreasonable to me.

Cheers,
Jarno

Chessaholics!!

Sunny California

Moves
12 Jun 04

Originally posted by belgianfreak
Woah! Chill please people! The guy asked a simple question and you've jumped on him like a ton of bricks. How about being civil?! Maybe if someone explained that no freebie system exists but that if he likes the site maybe he'd like to subscribe then he'd agree and become a valuable member of RHP

As for whether masters etc should get free memnbers ...[text shortened]... jugar unos juegos y si le gusta el sitio piensan suscribirse si usted puede permitírselo.

Jon
Yo puedo traducir si es lo que ocupan . I can translate

Chessaholics!!

Sunny California

Moves
12 Jun 04

Well, I think it is a good a idea to have IM and GM because the site will be mor popular and more people would like to join and RHP will get more money. Moreover, maybe in a future we could be learning moves and tactics and even talking to Grand masters like Sergey karjaking and many others.
just my thougths. +(*!*)+

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
12 Jun 04

Hey im master of the universe, can i have a free subscription too?😀

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
12 Jun 04

Originally posted by mwmiller
I still think it would be worth a try. If cheaters become a problem, then discontinue the program.

From what I have seen here so far, cheaters do not last very long on the site. I suspect it would require a major amount of serious effort to become an undetected cheater around here, and the prize I suggested certainly wouldn't justify that much hard work.

Marc

I think cheaters are generally looking for instant satisfaction. One move a day hardly constitutes quick thrills. Also if someone does use a computer thay have to load the position of each game everytime they move and so on. Can't see many people going that extra little sad step into lame-ass-dom just to top the chart here. Of coarse if there are famous masters here that does add a little insentive i suppose.

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
12 Jun 04

Well, I see it's a week later and he's still not a member so does that mean that RHP won't be giving free membership to Masters then? It would be good to know what the rules are regarding this.

Chessaholics!!

Sunny California

Moves
12 Jun 04

giving the free subscription😀

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
13 Jun 04

I get more than my money's worth from RHP.
Having masters on the site can only be a good thing.
I'll pay his subs. Just tell me how.

S
Shut Gorohoviy!

Moves
13 Jun 04

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
I get more than my money's worth from RHP.
Having masters on the site can only be a good thing.
I'll pay his subs. Just tell me how.

Do what you did for yours and at the end fill in his username.

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
13 Jun 04

Originally posted by SirLoseALot
Do what you did for yours and at the end fill in his username.
That's a problem - because I am a subscriber - nowhere on my menu does it give me the option to subscribe again, or at least I can't find it. 😕

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
13 Jun 04

I guess it should be a good thing to argue this matter with Russ or Chrismo,so they can solve it.

Moves
13 Jun 04

Originally posted by Exy
I'm sure this is a joke. However, even if it wasn't, it seems a bit rich for you to be asking for a [b]free account after making only 2 moves! 🙄

Also, why is it that because you're a better player than I, or the majority of people here, you should be given an account for free? The susbcription to this site, after all is said and done, is a mere token gesture. Why anyone would quibble about paying it I don't know?![/b]
Maybe its not a joke. At a lot of over the board tournaments, GMs and the like are often invited to play for free, it sort of a free advertising thing I guess. For some reasion this really rubs me the wrong way though, I would hope the site would never let strong players play for free.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
13 Jun 04

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
That's a problem - because I am a subscriber - nowhere on my menu does it give me the option to subscribe again, or at least I can't find it. 😕
maybe you need to logout first