1. Joined
    26 Dec '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 03:21
    What happens to the games of players that are banned from the site... It puts up this little red icon and says player is banned... please wait................
    How long do you have to wait? The gamed timed out days ago.....
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 04:031 edit
    Originally posted by saywhat
    What happens to the games of players that are banned from the site... It puts up this little red icon and says player is banned... please wait................
    How long do you have to wait? The gamed timed out days ago.....
    It took about 3 days with the ones I was playing but I've heard it CAN take weeks. After a week I would be inclined to "send feedback"

Eventually they will be awarded as a win but there is no rating adjustment for unfinished games against banned players. [including timeouts of course]
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 16:27
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    It took about 3 days with the ones I was playing but I've heard it CAN take weeks. After a week I would be inclined to "send feedback"

Eventually they will be awarded as a win but there is no rating adjustment for unfinished games against banned players. [including timeouts of course]
    So, it works out like the game never happened. Nothing gained nothing lost.
  4. The sky
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 16:36
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    So, it works out like the game never happened. Nothing gained nothing lost.
    It still counts as a win, which is important if it's a clan, clan league, tournament or siege game.
  5. Joined
    26 Dec '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 17:32
    I would think you should get the points as well, especially if you have a commanding lead in the game as I do.... seems you purposely get yourself banned just long enough to avoid losing points in games with no hope, then get unbanned and start over....
  6. The sky
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 19:44
    Originally posted by saywhat
    I would think you should get the points as well, especially if you have a commanding lead in the game as I do.... seems you purposely get yourself banned just long enough to avoid losing points in games with no hope, then get unbanned and start over....
    How would you go about getting unbanned?
  7. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 19:58

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. The sky
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 20:26
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    "Please, Russ, you must understand that I only used an engine because I was losing in some games and wanted to get banned so that I wouldn't lose rating points! Can you please unban me now?"
  9. Joined
    26 Dec '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 21:04
    rectify whatever policy break that caused you to be banned in the first place.. why else would they tell you to wait ... that is my take on it...
  10. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 21:103 edits

11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 23:06
    If they were to change their Internet Service Provider, how would they be tracked?....Perhaps it is possible to come back?
  12. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 23:103 edits

13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 23:15
    My mistake, I thought someone said you couldn't come back...Must have mis-read that!!
  14. The sky
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 23:18
    It seems that two or three players who had been banned for 3(a) were reinstated (presumably because they could show they were innocent), but I believe that happened before the games were resigned. I absolutely don't see how you could use this to your own advantage. You would somehow have to raise suspicion exactly at the right time, to the degree that the administrators decide to ban you from the site (a decision they don't make lightly), and then be able to prove that you are innocent, but not too early. Not a very likely scenario.
  15. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leölés ellenfeleim
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 13:43
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    "Please, Russ, you must understand that I only used an engine because I was losing in some games and wanted to get banned so that I wouldn't lose rating points! Can you please unban me now?"
    veldig morsom !

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree