1. Joined
    27 Nov '03
    Moves
    25 Sep '04 09:01
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    3. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS

(b) You will not use chess software, chess computers or consult any third party to assist you in any game (unless expressly agreed prior to any game). Chess books and databases can be consulted during play

There you go. Section 3, paragraph (b)

regards, Marc
    Mmmmmm. This is interesting since the allegation is, as I understand it, that the person behind dscp did not use a computer program to assist him but rather let the computer do everything ( I didn't know such things were possible ).

I did send a message in one of our two games saying 'Don't you ever sleep?' since it was apparent that he (it) was making moves throughout a 24 hour period. I did not get a reply
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    25 Sep '04 09:38
    Originally posted by colleman
    Mmmmmm. This is interesting since the allegation is, as I understand it, that the person behind dscp did not use a computer program to assist him but rather let the computer do everything ( I didn't know such things were possible ).
    3. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS

(b) You will not use chess software, chess computers or consult any third party to assist you in any game

If we got Tony Blair on it, he'd probably say that the first part is seperate to the second.

In Blair interpretation/explanation...
    You will not use chess software, chess computers. Or consult any third party to assist you in any game

: D
  3. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    25 Sep '04 12:11
    Originally posted by Faith No More
    How great is this.
    Flex made the thread to show everyone that Dscp should stay on RHP although he is a computer. and what Irony, this thread exactly is what brought dscp to leaving the site.
    I think it is clear now that things like this should not be discussed openly. the fact is that RHP has lost one of the best players here, computer or not computer.

FNM
    Well, I appreciate Flex's effort, being one who finds himself in a tournament with DSCP. If, in fact, he/she/it is a computer, I'd be most appreciative if he/she/it would just bow gracefully out of said tournament and allow a rule-abiding human player a decent chance of winning it.
  4. Walsrode
    Moves
    25 Sep '04 13:12
    hallo, kann mir einer beantworten wie man eine Rochade macht? ich kann ja schlecht mit könig und turm 2 moves machen....
  5. Walsrode
    Moves
    25 Sep '04 13:14
    hello, csn somebody tell me how i can make the castling kingside move (or the castling queenside move)????
  6. Joined
    27 Nov '03
    Moves
    25 Sep '04 14:38
    Originally posted by Jun Hattesohl
    hello, csn somebody tell me how i can make the castling kingside move (or the castling queenside move)????
    Move the King two squares to the left ( or right ) press 'move' and you will find that you have castled.
  7. London
    Moves
    25 Sep '04 15:07
    Originally posted by Jun Hattesohl
    Move the king. The rook will move automatically.

See the third item from the end of this page: http://www.redhotpawn.com/help/index.php?help=faq
  8. Joined
    28 Jul '03
    Moves
    25 Sep '04 20:21
    Originally posted by Feivel
    Well a game is a game. Doesn't matter who I am playing but I prefer to know.

Feivel
    I find it reassuring that in the "Elite I" tournament, Dscp was unable to
    score a single win in a group including Akizy, Quirine, and Diogenes.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/view.php?tid=165

Computers may be faster than humans, but they still aren't any better
    when the human has enough time for thorough analysis.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree