1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 11:58
    Originally posted by surtism
    Can we have the ability to set up conditional openings? I often use the same one (as Im a bad player perhaps) with slight changes depending on my opponent, but if we could set up a hierarchy of openings just to get the games more quickly in to the nitty gritty.

Just a thought.
    Excellent idea... A conditional repertoire.

D
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 13:321 edit
    Just a quick note to say that conditions are removed as they become invalidated because of too much material.

So, if you notice a recorded condition has vanished shortly after being created, even though it wasn't played, this is most likely the reason.

This behaviour was introduced today.
  3. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 14:39
    Originally posted by surtism
    Can we have the ability to set up conditional openings? I often use the same one (as Im a bad player perhaps) with slight changes depending on my opponent, but if we could set up a hierarchy of openings just to get the games more quickly in to the nitty gritty.

Just a thought.
    Thread 101285
  4. Joined
    11 Apr '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 17:25
    I like this conditional move feature! Great add. Thank you.

I am trying to create one that include a pawn promotion. I can not figure out how to identify the piece I want the pawn to become. Can you help me?
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    29 Nov '08 00:56
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Yes I did get the situaton after move 17 (the white bishop had not move) with the verdict checkamte. However after visiting via the link after posting I found the correct situation as you referred to.

So my fisrt question has been: Do the conditional moves not show up?

And my second question after the first was rendered nonsensical: Does it take t ...[text shortened]... (Just like in the clan challenges, where points are only awarded when the challenge is visited.
    There seems to be a 1-minute delay before the conditional move takes effect. Perhaps that is causing some of the optical illusions.
  6. Standard memberdweezil
    Canuck savant
    Moves
    30 Nov '08 00:41
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if an executed conditional move shows up as "last moved" on a player's profile page?
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 09:41
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    There seems to be a 1-minute delay before the conditional move takes effect. Perhaps that is causing some of the optical illusions.
    There will be at most a 1 minute delay on a conditional move firing.

The average will be approx 30 seconds.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 09:42
    Originally posted by dweezil
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if an executed conditional move shows up as "last moved" on a player's profile page?
    Yes it does. This is actually a bug, but I'm just holding off from making the update because it actually is not the quick fix I hoped.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Dec '08 06:29
    Originally posted by Russ
    There will be at most a 1 minute delay on a conditional move firing.

The average will be approx 30 seconds.
    From Ragnorak's post in another thread, it sounds like the delay may have been intentionally programmed in, in order to disguise the fact that it is in fact a conditional move.

Is this true? And if so, why the need to hide it after the move has triggered?
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Dec '08 13:50
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    From Ragnorak's post in another thread, it sounds like the delay may have been intentionally programmed in, in order to disguise the fact that it is in fact a conditional move.

Is this true? And if so, why the need to hide it after the move has triggered?
    Why let your opponent know that the game is going exactly as I planned?

As to your comment in the other thread, a short delay will indeed disguise the use of conditionals, as a short delay was possible pre conditional move introduction.

D
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Dec '08 18:37
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Why let your opponent know that the game is going exactly as I planned?

As to your comment in the other thread, a short delay will indeed disguise the use of conditionals, as a short delay was possible pre conditional move introduction.

D
    He already knows the game is going as you planned if you reply in 30 seconds [and normally take longer than that to move]. Not sure why this even matters - it's not like he knows what your plan is, or even your evaluation of the position, from the fact that you've used conditionals.

Not for someone who reveals their online status [green dot]. If I see a quick reply, but no green dot, that tells me he's used a conditional.
  12. Joined
    06 Sep '02
    Moves
    05 Dec '08 20:28
    Every time I Submit a conditional move I get this error:

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an
    invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

I'm using Firefox 3.0.4 in Linux.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '08 21:30
    Originally posted by chrekh
    Every time I Submit a conditional move I get this error:

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an
    invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

I'm using Firefox 3.0.4 in Linux.
    i got this error about an hour ago...

russ can we have the option to display a message if the conditional move is played?

like 'conditional moved played - waahaa i'm in your head'

🙂
  14. Joined
    04 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Dec '08 23:36
    Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.
    Yup, also getting this on Firefox 3.0.4 on Windows; happens on all conditional moves, but it does actually log it (it shows up the conditional move queue).
  15. Standard memberdweezil
    Canuck savant
    Moves
    06 Dec '08 12:07
    Originally posted by jaryvan
    Yup, also getting this on Firefox 3.0.4 on Windows; happens on all conditional moves, but it does actually log it (it shows up the conditional move queue).
    I just got the same content coding error as well with Firefox 3.0.3 with Windows. My conditional move still shows as you said. I was promoting a pawn though and while my conditional move shows a pawn on the bank rank, I never got a chance to designate which piece I could promote my pawn to. As my opponent has no choice as to their next move, the condition is sure to be applied. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree