FEN

Standard memberEnigmaticCam
Help 12 Jun '06 19:38
  1. Standard memberEnigmaticCam
    Chess n00b
    Cali
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 19:38
    Is it possible to get the FEN of a certain position in a game that's already completed? I seem to only get it for the final position.
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 19:47

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberEnigmaticCam
    Chess n00b
    Cali
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 19:50
    Ah, I see. Thank you very much; that's going to be very helpful 🙂
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 21:33
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    Yep, go to 'new game', then 'advanced options' then click in 'set piece'.. then set up the position you want on the board and copy and paste from the 'current fen' displayed. 🙂
    OR...

Start using Firefox. Install the greasemonkey extension, and then download ouroboros' script (http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/analysis.user.js) , which will allow you to copy each position from the analyse board screen as you play through a game.

Alternatively, download the pgn, install free Chesspad, and paste the pgn into it. Then you can copy the fen from any position.

D
  5. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 16:55
    Yep, go to 'new game', then 'advanced options' then click in 'set piece'.. then set up the position you want on the board and copy and paste from the 'current fen' displayed. 🙂
    I tried that - had a window open with the board I was going to set up.

In another window I went to a game I wanted the fen for, clicked 'analyse board' (to get the move in that game I wanted the fen for) ... but my set piece window getting transforming to the analyse game window.

My plan was to have a window with the board positon from a game I'd played, and another window with the set piece board I could set the pieces up to match and be able to get the fen from ...

No go - the minute I opened 'analyse board' my 'set piece' window was replaced.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 17:38
    Get Winboard
    http://www.tim-mann.org/xboard.html

Copy the PGN of the game from RHP
    paste to Winboard (alt+v)
    Move forward to desired position (arrow right)
    copy out Board Position (Alt+Shift+c)
    Done.

I can't imaging setting up a position is easier than just going forward to the desired position.

P-
  7. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 18:061 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    01 Jul '06 07:031 edit
    ok, why not just switch between windows with alt and tab pressed together? have the analyse board and the set piece from 'new game' open and just switch between the two.
    I had the set piece board open in one window (say window 1) and the game I wanted the fen from open in another window - window 2.

When I clicked 'analyse board' in window 2 (with or without ctrl) my window 1 became the analyse board window ... quite odd ...

Never mind, I'll try using Phlabibit's advice.
  9. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    01 Jul '06 07:152 edits
    voila!

I wanted to paste this to the 'Chess forum ... my (black's) next move was ... ? 🙂

Thanks Phlabibit.

And Sicilian Smaug.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree