Moves
    02 Jan '08 08:04
    Originally posted by ashuapande
    can anyone tell me if undo is possible in RHP or not .. ? thanks in advance
    Undo is impossible in RHP.
  3. UK
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 19:08
    Ahh the rating I could have if I could undo all my bad moves.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 20:00
    Originally posted by ashuapande
    can anyone tell me if undo is possible in RHP or not .. ? thanks in advance
    You can always undo any move, how many times you want to - until you click the submit button, then it is definite.
  5. Standard memberDaBearsFan08
    Chicago Maniac
    Moon
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 21:23
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You can always undo any move, how many times you want to - until you click the submit button, then it is definite.
    I think there should be and undo button, but your opponent must approve it.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 21:33
    Originally posted by DaBearsFan08
    I think there should be and undo button, but your opponent must approve it.
    You can undo any move until you click submit-button. If you change your mind of the moved piece, then undo it instead of clicking the submit. Once you've submitted the move, then it can't be undoed.
  7. Joined
    13 Jul '04
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 22:08
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You can undo any move until you click submit-button. If you change your mind of the moved piece, then undo it instead of clicking the submit. Once you've submitted the move, then it can't be undoed.
    so why should there be an edit button in the forums - one rule for one thing and a totally different rule for another !
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 01:14
    Originally posted by catnap642
    so why should there be an edit button in the forums - one rule for one thing and a totally different rule for another !
    Wow! 2 totally different things have different rules? That's crazy talk.

This is a chess site first, forums are just a fun extra.

P-
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 01:15
    catnap642 has a point there. There may not be a rating on forums but the concept is that you can avoid nasty consequences by a simple edit. If DD had had the wit to use the edit button he'd still be here!!!!

How about a compromise: make the "undo" option available (I stress available, not required) so it would be just another choice on the playing screen, complete with a warning (this game will become unrated; are you sure? y/n). Availability of the option should depend on a selection in My Settings which shows up in Open Invites in the same way as the Rating Y/N is displayed.

I haven't explained this very clearly, perhaps somebody else can help me there.
  10. Joined
    13 Jul '04
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 01:25
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Wow! 2 totally different things have different rules? That's crazy talk.

This is a chess site first, forums are just a fun extra.

P-
    Why's it crazy?????

Same site, but two rules.

The argument most have is that on playing we should view our move, and view it again before pressing submit.

So why shouldn't that be the same on posting here. Read what you've written, read it again before pressing submit.

Might have the added benefit of the prevention of some of the pointless, malicious crap too if people didn't have that safety net.

So if there's a safety net on one part of the site, why not make it across the board - simple and fair solution.
  11. Joined
    13 Jul '04
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 01:31
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    catnap642 has a point there. There may not be a rating on forums but the concept is that you can avoid nasty consequences by a simple edit. If DD had had the wit to use the edit button he'd still be here!!!!

How about a compromise: make the "undo" option available (I stress [b]available, not required
    ) so it would be just another choice on the pla ...[text shortened]... splayed.

I haven't explained this very clearly, perhaps somebody else can help me there.[/b]
    I imagine you could set that up at the start of the new game, where it asks for white, black or random.

And if someone doesn't want to join a game with the undo move there, then they don't have to join .

They inserted the pointless random button so surely it can't be too difficult for this request.
  12. Joined
    15 Dec '07
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 13:49
    Ullu ke patte...... there is not UNDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀😀😀😀😀😀
  13. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 17:081 edit
    In chess, there is no undo. Why should this [chess] site allow you to undo moves?

Notwithstanding the point raised above, the technical difficulties in implementing a move undo would be pretty big.

Scenario:
    You submit a move, but see you made a blunder. While you are undoing the move, your opponent opens the game and submits his move.
    What happens now? Should your opponents' move be disregarded?
    Should we lock the game for a specified time period so you can ponder possibly undoing your move? That's ridiculous, because your opponent may want to play the game.
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 18:291 edit
    Why's it crazy?????

Same site, but two rules.

The argument most have is that on playing we should view our move, and view it again before pressing submit.

So why shouldn't that be the same on posting here. Read what you've written, read it again before pressing submit.

Might have the added benefit of the prevention of some of the pointless, ma y net on one part of the site, why not make it across the board - simple and fair solution.
    People wait days on end for a move, and you use that time to think. Forum posting is done for relaxation and trading information. Very few times are there people hanging on your every post, compared to a chess move where it takes 2 to play a game.

Just last night I missed a mate in one, stretching the game out one extra move. I should have thought about 22 seconds longer. There is no need for me or anyone to bother a player asking for an undo just because we failed to use our time wise.

This would also be an invite for players to rush their moves, and troll their opponent for an undo. "Oops, bad move! Can I undo it PLX!?"

Posting and playing chess here are two totally different things, both on the same site. Having an undo button is just an extra useless feature that promotes people not thinking before they make their move.

RHP is held to a higher standard. Go to a USFC chess tournament and ask any of them if they'd let you take a move back. The answer would be NO because this is chess, not Tiddly Winks.

P-
  15. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    06 Jan '08 14:49
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Posting and playing chess here are two totally different things, both on the same site. Having an undo button is just an extra useless feature that promotes people not thinking before they make their move.
    QFE

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree