1. Joined
    13 Jul '04
    Moves
    06 Jan '08 15:341 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Having an undo button is just an extra useless feature that promotes people not thinking before they make their move.
    And EXACTLY the same can be said for the edit button within the forums - thank you for highlighting this.
  2. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    06 Jan '08 19:081 edit
    Originally posted by catnap642
    Why's it crazy?????

Same site, but two rules.

The argument most have is that on playing we should view our move, and view it again before pressing submit.

So why shouldn't that be the same on posting here. Read what you've written, read it again before pressing submit.

Might have the added benefit of the prevention of some of the pointless, ma y net on one part of the site, why not make it across the board - simple and fair solution.
    Of course it is crazy to compare posting in the forum and the edit button with chess and an undo button!
    What is next? Hey, in the forums we are allowed to post multiple times in a row, why am I not allowed to move multiple times in a row in my chess game? And, by the way, you didn't posted in this thread for one day, I time you out, thread closed!

So maybe the undo button is not (totally) crazy, but the comparison with the forums is. Two total different things, two different set of rules.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree