1. Leuven
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 18:18
    is there any way to save in what forums you posted, so you can easily go there and see if anyone replied?
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 19:57
    Originally posted by Meneer Dries
    is there any way to save in what forums you posted, so you can easily go there and see if anyone replied?
    If you use Firefox, with Greasemonkey, Ouroboros has written some great scripts. One marks the threads you have contributed to with a Green Dot. It bolds the threads you haven't read. Another allows you to Bookmark threads (within the RHP environment), automatically bookmarking threads you have contributed to.

Click the link in my location to the left to see the scripts.

D
  3. Leuven
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 21:25
    and what do I do with those scripts?
    I'm using Firefox
  4. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 21:50
    and what do I do with those scripts?
    I'm using Firefox
    Get Greasemonkey: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/748/
    Get the forum.user.js script: http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/

Every time that you post, a 'bookmark' will be added. There should be a 'My Bookmarks' link in the link bar by the forum name that you are viewing.

If you want to bookmark a thread that you haven't posted in, you can click on the 'bookmark' link which appears at the bottom of each post.
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 09:54
    Click on the Search Forums button, and fill in your own name.

Richard
  6. Leuven
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 19:302 edits
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Click on the Search Forums button, and fill in your own name.

Richard
    I know but that's kinda dull, no?
    I'll try the Greasemonkey thing

So I installed the Greasemonkey thingie, but now where do I enter those pieces of code?
    edit: discovered that just clicking would do the job.
    Any suggestions of what things to install?
  7. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 20:04
    I know but that's kinda dull, no?
    I'll try the Greasemonkey thing

So I installed the Greasemonkey thingie, but now where do I enter those pieces of code?
    edit: discovered that just clicking would do the job.
    Install them all! They're free. 🙂

My favourites are: Ratings Calculator, Forum Marking, Game Page, Piece Count, and My Games.
  8. Leuven
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 20:27
    hmm I also installed Myperformance but it doesn't seem to do a lot. I jsut don't know where the tab for my performances is.
    Also, the first time the script gets used it always says there is an update available, but I just installed the most recent version no?
  9. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 20:58
    hmm I also installed Myperformance but it doesn't seem to do a lot. I jsut don't know where the tab for my performances is.
    Also, the first time the script gets used it always says there is an update available, but I just installed the most recent version no?
    Yeah, it's a little wacky. Since I'm going to be moving most of the functionality into the extension, I'm not going back and fixing the scripts at this point. You can safely ignore any update messages.

For the 'My Performance' link, go to 'My Home' first. There will be a bunch of links in blue bar and one of them will be 'My Performance'. That's where the script applies. It's not that useful but it was requested by someone.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 21:05

Vital are: Game Page, Forum Marking, Forum Posting Enhancements, My Games, but as Ouroboros says, install them all (except for maybe hide pieces)

D
  11. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 21:18
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Vital are: Game Page, Forum Marking, Forum Posting Enhancements, My Games, but as Ouroboros says, install them all (except for maybe hide pieces)

D
    Hide Pieces was a request by someone who wanted to improve their visualization.
  12. Leuven
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 17:53
    something really useful would be a link to get to the last page when you are already in the thread. There doesn't seem to be one. Also, getting messages whenever someone posts can be very helpful. Or does anybody know another good chess forum where you cán do those things?
  13. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 18:34
    something really useful would be a link to get to the last page when you are already in the thread. There doesn't seem to be one. Also, getting messages whenever someone posts can be very helpful. Or does anybody know another good chess forum where you cán do those things?
    If the thread is multiple pages, you should have a list of page numbers below the thread. Unfortunately, if there are more than 20 pages, I don't think it lists all of the pages.

If you are looking at the list of threads, you can click on the date, instead of the thread subject, it will take you to the last page of posts.
  14. Leuven
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 19:29
    I know but then it's very hard to get quickly to those pages when they are quite old. There is, for example, one thread, called "mate under 20 moves" that I like to read. As it has over 650 posts it is hard to get to the last page, without having to look through the whole thread lsit for this particular thread.
  15. Leuven
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 14:48
    So, does anybody know real good chess forums?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree