is there any way to continue on with a game that has been awarded to a player due to a timeout?

is there any way to continue on with a game that has been awarded to a player due to a timeout?

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

King of Cool

AUSTIN, TEXAS

Moves
129d

i'm asking specifically about game

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
129d

@brrr said
I think there's a facility to set up a position and carry on from there but I don't know how to do it.
I'm sure someone will be able to help with that.
It would constitute a new game though and have no effect on the timed out game

RHP Member No.16

Moves
129d
1 edit

@brrr said
This should walk you through how to set up and continue the game where it ended.
[WARNING] This will become an unrated game.

This is the FEN for game id# 15450341
Highlight the entire line and copy it. (you will shortly paste it into a FEN window)

3r1b2/1q4rk/3pR2p/2pP1p1P/P1B2P2/1P6/4N3/4QK2 w - - 9 47

1. From a computer, at the top left part of the page click 'New Game'.
2. Now go down left side of that page and find 'Set up your own game'.
3. On the new game page, go to top right part of page and click 'wipe board'.
4. Drop down the right side to 'set board from FEN.
5. Paste the FEN you copied into the FEN window.
6. In that game it was White's turn to move.
7. Verify the game is as you want it.
8. On lower left side of the page, click 'set start position'
9. On the new game page, enter username of your opponent and finish setting up the game.
(select color, time controls, etc.)

That should get your new game up and running. 🙂

Senecio Jacobaea

Yorkshire

Moves
129d

@mwmiller

Actually all you have to do is click the "game history" tab at the top right of finished game screen and it is there as on option "start game" a green square button. Fill on opponent details etc from there.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
129d

@ragwort said
@mwmiller

Actually all you have to do is click the "game history" tab at the top right of finished game screen and it is there as on option "start game" a green square button. Fill on opponent details etc from there.
Thanks! That looks much easier than my method! 🙂 I guess I need to check out the options and features more closely!