New player sees no pieces on board

New player sees no pieces on board

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C

Moves
10 Jul 07

I'm a new player and I don't see any pieces on my board. I went to help and they said "
If you are seeing a blank board with no pieces, try holding down Ctrl with Shift and simultaneously pressing the refresh button in your browser.
Alternatively you may wish to try clearing your web browser's cache."

I tried this but still no joy.
Any ideas?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
10 Jul 07

Originally posted by Checkman
I'm a new player and I don't see any pieces on my board. I went to help and they said "
If you are seeing a blank board with no pieces, try holding down Ctrl with Shift and simultaneously pressing the refresh button in your browser.
Alternatively you may wish to try clearing your web browser's cache."

I tried this but still no joy.
Any ideas?
Just to get you going, you can use the legacy interface which should work.

My settings >> My Board settings

Look for this text :
"Note : If you are using an old web browser or a web browser with limited functionality and you are experiencing problems, please click here to select a reduced feature board type that may be compatible."

Click the link then select the legacy option.

Out of interest, when you post to the forums, can you see an image of a corner of a chess board in the top left? (Where it says "New Post"?)

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
10 Jul 07

Also, can you see pieces on the boards on the homepage?

-Russ

C

Moves
10 Jul 07

Thanks Russ..I changed to legacy and now I see pieces on the board, but still no squares.

C

Moves
10 Jul 07

I can see the knight where it says "New Post" , but I can't see any pieces on the boards on the homepage.

C

Moves
10 Jul 07

When I click "view game", then I see pieces..but still no squares.
Do you think I can improve on this?

c
¯\_(^.^)_/¯

Moves
10 Jul 07

Which version of which browser are you using, how good is your system is it new or 200 years old? Have you cleared your cache?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
10 Jul 07
1 edit

It appears “background images” are not being rendered. This could be a browser setting?

-Russ

edit : I would get rid of the legacy board setting, and return to the normal one and try to work out why background images on your browser are being blocked. Do other sites look like they have odd graphic design sometimes?

C

Moves
11 Jul 07

I am using Windows IE Ver 7 number 20061017.133151 and I have cleared my cache.

C

Moves
11 Jul 07

I do not normally have a problem with other sites.

C

Moves
11 Jul 07

I went back to the normal setting (not the legacy one) but saw no pieces on the board still. I wouldn't really know what to check for regarding a browser setting which might be blocking "background images" . I checked around the settings in the browser, but it's fairly vast, and all seemed good...didn't want to really change things unless I was sure..but if you have any more ideas, I'll try them out. My system should definitely be modern enough to handle it.

DS

Moves
11 Jul 07

Does it work ok with any other browser?
eg, Firefox.

C

Moves
11 Jul 07

Thanks for the recommendation.
But I don't want to change my existing browser.

DS

Moves
11 Jul 07

No, just to test it, I meant.

d

Moves
12 Jul 07

ya I got the same problem,an I''m using firefox,I kinda got used to it,I just gotta be a little careful.