Next Waiting Game

Subscriberdm7
Help 29 Apr '19 21:12
  1. High Wycombe, UK
    Moves
    29 Apr '19 21:12
    I set the "after move" action to bring up the next waiting game automatically. So far so good. That saves time.
    But shouldn't it bring up the next waiting game in accordance with how I've decided to sequence my list of waiting games?
    Instead it seems to have some other criteria of its own for deciding which is the next waiting game.
    Is this a bug or have I missed something?
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    30 Apr '19 11:57
    @dm7 said
    I set the "after move" action to bring up the next waiting game automatically. So far so good. That saves time.
    But shouldn't it bring up the next waiting game in accordance with how I've decided to sequence my list of waiting games?
    Instead it seems to have some other criteria of its own for deciding which is the next waiting game.
    Is this a bug or have I missed something?
    I tried this.
    I selected a game part way down the list and the next waiting game function came up with the game immediately below it on my list.
    I ignored this and manually selected to game at the top of my list and moved
    Instead of selecting the game that was second on my list the function carried on moving down the list.
    Maybe you have to reset it after every move or something which seems a bit pointless.
    I've now disabled the function.
  3. High Wycombe, UK
    Moves
    01 May '19 10:30
    The "after move preference" screen is accessed via the "Board Settings" button which is only available after you have selected a particular game.
    On this screen I set the following two options:
    - Preferred destination after making a move: "Next Waiting"
    - Prioritize game when moving to next available: "Last Skipped"
    The problem is that I don't really want to move to the "Last Skipped" game, I want to move to the game that is at the top of the My Game list. That option isn't available. All I can choose is:
    - Last Skipped
    - Time Remaining
    - Opponent Active
    The My Game list has many more options for sequencing the list. That is what I want to use. (Usually I have that list sorted by "Oldest Moves" so that I get to every game in rotation.)
    The only way I can use that prioritization is to set the - Preferred destination after making a move to "My Games" . Then that takes me back to the main list after every move and that wastes time - especially if I have a lot of moves that need to be made.

This is really appeal to our hard working "Code Monkey" to take a look at the programming when he has time....Please??? :-)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree