1. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 02:05
    I am having a problem with a player....that has challenged me a game...so i accepted as i never turn down down a game....played three moves...and then starts giving me abuse
    a) because i am a female
    b) because i don't belive in god
    if i delete the game he wins...but i would like to play the game.
    I have asked him to be qiuet but he cannot seem to do that
    It's not really fair that i play a game and i get abuse for my beliefs
    regards
    Zoe
  2. Joined
    19 Oct '03
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 02:56
    that is insane...who is the player...we deserve to know who it is
  3. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 02:571 edit
    Originally posted by TDR1
    that is insane...who is the player...we deserve to know who it is
    i will say once i have spoken to either russ or chrismo about it.
    Not wanting to cause uproar...i just want a fun game of chess....that is what i subscribed for...oh and to chase dscp up the month map chart...lol.
    Reagards
    Zoe
  4. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 10:424 edits
    I am sorry to hear this, nobody should have to take abuse and obviously the solution shouldn't have to be quitting the game. Maybe there could be an option to "mute" messages or an "alert moderator" button to report abuses within games.

How does he know for sure that you don't believe in god, did you offer that information to him? Unusally subject to come up during a chess game that exemplifies the power of logic over faith! I hardly ever "chat" during games, other than to say "Hi" and wish them good luck, unless I'm playing a fellow clan member or people I have played a number of times.

5. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 11:12
    Originally posted by Exy
    How does he know you don't believe in god? How would he know that unless you offered that information to him? I hardly ever "chat" during games, other than to say "Hi" and wish them good luck, unless I'm playing a fellow clan member or people I have played a number of times.

he knows because of a forum i participated in.
    It is great to chat to nice people during a game.
    but he started the conversation/arguement.
    Zoe
  6. Netherlands
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 11:141 edit
    Originally posted by Exy
    How does he know you don't believe in god? How would he know that unless you offered that information to him? I hardly ever "chat" during games, other than to say "Hi" and wish them good luck, unless I'm playing a fellow clan member or people I have played a number of times.

Sounds a bit like the judge who asked the raped woman "how long was your skirt?"
    It is of very little importance where this guy got his information. He shouldn't abuse his opponent.

Fjord
  7. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 11:152 edits
    I am often surprised to see the discussions that take place in the Forums, I guess we have a varied bunch of people here who don't just want to play chess, but enjoy chit-chatting with people too. Although it seems odd that god should come up in discussion during a chess match, a game which exemplifies the power of pure logic over blind faith! ;-)
  8. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 11:16
    Originally posted by fjord
    Sounds a bit like the judge who asked the rape woman "how long was your skirt?"
    It is of no importance where this guy got his information. He shouldn't abuse his opponent.

Fjord
    People are touchy about religion, this guy is obviously some sort of Zealot. I agree it's ludicrous that these sort of things even come up on a Chess site.
  9. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 11:23
    Originally posted by Exy
    People are touchy about religion, this guy is obviously some sort of Zealot. I agree it's ludicrous that these sort of things even come up on a Chess site.
    i just want to play chess and speak to players that are pleasant....it is not only me this guy has decided to call names to,other players he has quite happily called morrons for posting a thread asking a question.
    I just want to know how to block the messages at the top if it is possible....i just want to play and learn chess a little more.
    I don't want any trouble....just no more messages on that particular game.
    Regards to all,
    Zoe
  10. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 11:25
    I don't think you can block messages within a game, but it's something for Russ to look into, either the option to "mute" these messages or a button to "alert a moderator" as in the Forums would seem the obvious solution.
  11. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 11:36
    Originally posted by Exy
    I don't think you can block messages within a game, but it's something for Russ to look into, either the option to "mute" these messages or a button to "alert a moderator" as in the Forums would seem the obvious solution.
    i think it would be great to have a button that disables messages within a game as it can sometimes be very off putting with a message....the other inbox you can choose to ignore but the game messages are in you face and cannot really ignore them.
    Regards Zoe
  12. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 13:56
    Hey Purclecow

Does this player's name begin with an 'R' and end in a number by any chance?

Because I have the same problem, sending a message each move, talking nonsense and now asking me if I belive in God...
  13. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 15:461 edit
    Originally posted by saffa73
    Hey Purclecow

Does this player's name begin with an 'R' and end in a number by any chance?

Because I have the same problem, sending a message each move, talking nonsense and now asking me if I belive in God...
    That make the 3rd person then....as another player i know is getting called a morron by him too.
    Yeah it does begin with R oh yeah...and end in a number.he says i cannot beat him at chess...i dunno how he knows that as he has never played me till now....and if he is so sure why did he play me....aHHHHHH!.
    I shall give you a tip...do not say no to the god question as your troubles get worse!
    Regards
    Zoe
  14. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 16:23
    Hey Zoe

I told him to keep quiet and play chess!

Richie
  15. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    04 Apr '04 16:38
    Originally posted by purclecow
    I am having a problem with a player....that has challenged me a game...so i accepted as i never turn down down a game....played three moves...and then starts giving me abuse
    a) because i am a female
    b) because i don't belive in god
    if i delete the game he wins...but i would like to play the game.
    I have asked him to be qiuet but he cannot seem to do that
    It's not really fair that i play a game and i get abuse for my beliefs
    regards
    Zoe
    Why not copy & paste the whole message log onto the forum. That would open things up a bit. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree