1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 13:01
    Originally posted by Bryan Ferry
    Nor is verbal abuse.

And worst of all: the use of chess software. Cheating is the only thing what can ever stop internet chess because basically the web is perfect for chess.

But cheating is a serious problem: I know so many players> 2000 FIDE who dont play anymore time controls longer then 3/0 on ICC and this has only one reason: they want to be sure to play a human.
    Cheating is a big problem, yes. That is why we have a game mod team which you should have gone to before you loaded up your engine mid game. Your admission above has been enough to kick other people for breaking the TOS. I expect you to join this list soon as I have notified the game mods. http://www.timeforchess.com/comhub/removedplayers.php

D
  2. London
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 13:10
    I am a very experienced player as I mentionned above, I played 20.000+ games on ICC and playchess before joining here.
    And I still believe in my argument: the likelniness that somebody rated RHP-1500 plays 10 moves identical with FRITZ is near 0 % (except the opening moves). So if somebody rated 1500 does so, then there is something wrong.
    How do you know they are identicle to Fritz moves if you didn't check on Fritz.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 13:25
    And I still believe in my argument: the likelniness that somebody rated RHP-1500 plays 10 moves identical with FRITZ is near 0 % (except the opening moves). So if somebody rated 1500 does so, then there is something wrong.
    Actually if you knew anything you'd know that the chance of that isn't 0%. I can easily come up with situations where a 1200 player, a 2000 player and Fritz will all play the same 10 moves.
  4. Joined
    03 Mar '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 13:27
    I already told this: I dont know this yet, but I rely on my feeling and on my experience (and according to a lot of players who were on my ignore-list on ICC and then were caught for cheating, I seem to be often right). There are games with lot tactics in open positions and more closed games. If the first, and the opponent always goes right, then you get from move to move more susipicious (as long as your opponent isnt rated high and you can calculate with perfect tactics)
  5. Joined
    03 Mar '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 13:301 edit
    @XanthosNZ

sorry, but this is upon my opinion nonsense;

I never met situations in the middle game where a 1200-rated player will play the same 10 moves then a 2000-rated player.
  6. London
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 13:36
    @XanthosNZ

I never met situations in the middle game where a 1200-rated player will play the same 10 moves then a 2000-rated player.
    Well SS is a 1700-1800 player.

And why did you say his moves were identicle to Fritz if you didn't know that?
  7. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 13:39

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 14:01
    @XanthosNZ

Have you heard of forced moves? Or obvious moves? Imagine a long capture chain. Is it conceivable that a weak player could play the same moves as Fritz?

What about a long series of driving checks?
  9. Joined
    03 Mar '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 14:29
    @Freddie2006

are you deaf, man? I explained this now twice, I will no repeat it again.

@Sicilian Smaug

of course I made mistakes. If not, I would be rated 2000+ on RHP. But I played what is my level, there is nothing amazing around my play, sometimes somebody of the 1700-1800 RHP level makes mistakes, sometimes smaller ones, sometimes biger ones, nothing amazing about that.
    But I am talking of your play. Isnt it amazing if somebody rated 1500 plays perfect FRITZ-moves (and only when things get public starts to make mistakes)???
  10. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 14:381 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. London
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 14:39
    @Freddie2006

@Sicilian Smaug

of course I made mistakes. If not, I would be rated 2000+ on RHP. But I played what is my level, there is nothing amazing around my play, sometimes somebody of the 1700-1800 RHP level makes mistakes, sometimes smaller ones, sometimes biger one ...[text shortened]... ated 1500 plays perfect FRITZ-moves (and only when things get public starts to make mistakes)???
    But you don't know they are perfect Fritz moves because you haven't checked them, right??

Even if a 1500 player is in a bad position Fritz will still be able to give a best move. A 1500 player can see far enough into a game to see an exchange 10 moves deep or so, at least on RHP. So why wouldn't he be playing moves that Fritz would recommend.

My guess is that you are just a sore loser who will immediatly accuse someone of cheating because you can't believe you got beaten by someone lower rated than you. Even though if you look at their graph (something you apparently have so far failed to do) you will realise that they are really 1700-1800 rated. In short, you suck.
  12. Joined
    03 Mar '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 14:46
    Originally posted by Freddie2006

....A 1500 player can see far enough into a game to see an exchange 10 moves deep or so....

??? Sorry, but I cant say that you suck too. Your arguments are so laughable that nobody can take this serious. You cant be serious. Are you a comedian?
  13. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 14:55
    @Freddie2006

If you can tell what moves Fritz would suggest without actually using an engine then I'd suggest that you go earn your titles.
  14. London
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 15:04
    Yes.

So shall we have a little test. I don't have Fritz or any engines so we'll need Xanthos or Ragnorak on board. I (or someone) picks a random game on this site. You see the position and pick the 10 recommended moves from Fritz using your head and someone with the engine will check them. I find it hard to believe you'll be able to achieve this.

And by the way...
    learn how to type in the right box
  15. Joined
    03 Mar '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 15:24
    I have 25 games in progress, all of them 1day/0 timebank-controls and 11 of them are waiting for my moves.

Play your quizz with yourself, I will not participate in a discussion with people who seriously tell me that a 1500-rated player calculates 10 moves in advance (!!).

Sorry but this is just laughable, waste of time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree