Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Standard member Ravello
    The RudeĀ©
    15 Aug '04 18:29
    I'm in RHP since 8 months now but I still don't understand the point of sieges.
    Why someone has to put in a 70+ queueing list and wait over six months to simply play another chess game?
  2. Standard member Exy
    Damn fine Clan!
    15 Aug '04 18:46 / 1 edit
    LOL - they've got me stumped too, Ravello. I've been on the list for every one since February and haven't moved more than about 5 places up the queue on any of them.
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    15 Aug '04 19:13
    The number of sieges is soon about to grow enormously. (I redesigned the look a while back to support this change.)

    As they are, they are not much use to anyone.

    -Russ
  4. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    16 Aug '04 06:06
    You could step out of the queue and join again at the back!Might be a fun game and it's not like you were ever going to get to play anyway LOL
  5. Standard member flexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    16 Aug '04 12:36
    Originally posted by Russ
    The number of sieges is soon about to grow enormously. (I redesigned the look a while back to support this change.)

    As they are, they are not much use to anyone.

    -Russ
    i hope you have made the queues ordered by rating!
    but even if you have not i feel confident you have done something good ... you tend to
  6. 24 Aug '04 06:57
    I like the idea of sieges but think that black should be given draw odds. Chess is a draw after all, and it should be up to the attacker to win. Just a thought.
  7. Standard member gotti2000
    The winemaker
    24 Aug '04 07:20
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I'm in RHP since 8 months now but I still don't understand the point of sieges.
    Why someone has to put in a 70+ queueing list and wait over six months to simply play another chess game?
    The Brits are masters in queueing, that's why ;-)
  8. 24 Aug '04 08:11
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    I like the idea of sieges but think that black should be given draw odds. Chess is a draw after all, and it should be up to the attacker to win. Just a thought.
    I couldn't agree more. It's hard enough for Black, having the second move etc.
  9. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    25 Aug '04 16:09
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I'm in RHP since 8 months now but I still don't understand the point of sieges.
    Why someone has to put in a 70+ queueing list and wait over six months to simply play another chess game?
    Why not create a chess ladder for a king of the mountain type of activity? Seems to me all the players want a crack at that one board may as well make them earn a chance at it.

    There are several ways it could be setup, but any of them would
    be better than simply waiting several months to get in one game.