Subscriberdaniv
Help 20 Apr '07 12:22
  1. Subscriberdaniv
    Daniel
    Bucharest
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 12:22
    Hello!
    Today, I've tried to start new games by challenging some of my friends. But, due to slowness of this site, when the time until game is effectively started was too long, I retried to start the game (in same conditions), by clicking again "New Game" or pressing "Back" in Internet Explorer.
    The second time it worked, but surprinsingly the first attempt was put in the "Open invites" list, and accepted by users....
    Can it be verified?
    Thanks
    Daniel
  2. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 19:58
    Originally posted by daniv
    Hello!
    Today, I've tried to start new games by challenging some of my friends. But, due to slowness of this site, when the time until game is effectively started was too long, I retried to start the game (in same conditions), by clicking again "New Game" or pressing "Back" in Internet Explorer.
    The second time it worked, but surprinsingly the first attempt ...[text shortened]... n the "Open invites" list, and accepted by users....
    Can it be verified?
    Thanks
    Daniel
    i am not certain about the site being too slow for the game to start as I have never experienced ths but the game would have been posted to the open invites page if you never specified the name of your opponent.
  3. Standard memberJamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    0 games mating
    Moves
    21 Apr '07 00:48
    Hey!

If you hit "start game" first, then using the back button on your browser will not affect the site. The game is already started, and it should not be an "Open Invite" if you put your freind's name in the "username" box when creating the game or challenge.

If you did all this correctly, then you could always send feedback using the link at the bottom of the screen. The admins can fix problems with the site...

-J
  4. Joined
    30 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 14:451 edit
    Hello

I've just had a weird move occur by my opponent. Game Id 3459249.

23rd move - I am playing white. I moved Pawn c2-c4. Somehow he took my pawn with his pawn dxc3 (d4-c3). Analysis shows both of these moves happened, so I can only imagine his view of the game is that my pawn was only c2-c3 (which it didn't)

Help!

tops36
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 14:46
    Originally posted by tops36
    Hello

I've just had a weird move occur by my opponent. Game Id 3459249.

23rd move - I am playing white. I moved Pawn c2-c4. Somehow he took my pawn with his pawn dxc3 (d4-c3). Analysis shows both of these moves happened, so I am only imagine his view of the game is that my pawn was only c2-c3.

Help!

tops36
    http://www.timeforchess.com/help/index.php?help=enpassant

D
  6. Joined
    30 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 14:52
    That's a new one to me - and stupid as my pawn was attacking his queen, not evading.

play it as it happens i guess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree