1. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 22:05
    Originally posted by Russ
    The site is slow at peak times now. We just need to rule out every other option before making another (time consuming and expensive) hardware upgrade. Just give us a little more time...

-Russ
    A measure of the continuing success of RHP - hope you do manage to find a solution without the need for upgrading the boxes, good luck 🙂
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 13:56
    Originally posted by rhb
    A measure of the continuing success of RHP - hope you do manage to find a solution without the need for upgrading the boxes, good luck 🙂
    There is always a way. Once upon a time I used to believe in throwing hardware at most problems, but it should really only be a last resort.

Even since last night I have made a number of significant speed increases in some key pages. Oh, and I turned off uChess....

-Russ
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 14:25
    Oh, and I turned off uChess....

-Russ
    :'(

D
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 15:05
    Oh, and I turned off uChess....

-Russ
    Russ,

I would still be willing to pay an extra fee if CAW was somehow integrated with uchess in the future.

A room just for CAW subscribers. Linking our accounts here with there.

It would be nice to be able to easily play realtime games against my favorite CAW opponents.

Just a thought to keep in mind.

--tmetzler
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 15:27
    uChess will return in some form, but I needed to free some server memory (it shared the main RHP web server) until the current performance issues are resolved.

-Russ
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 16:33
    Originally posted by rhb
    Or is Ewido not reputable, so 'found' entries to try to coax you into subscribing to a full version?
    Nah can't be that, Ewido is one of the best, if not THE best.
  7. At Diamond Joe's
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 18:26
    This site is slow....
    Crowd: "How slow is it?"
    Its so slow that.......
  8. Standard memberDUI
    HOBO
    THE HAIGHT
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 01:03
    The site is slow at peak times now. We just need to rule out every other option before making another (time consuming and expensive) hardware upgrade. Just give us a little more time...

-Russ
    I would like to mention this time thing is no little thing. Whether I hit move, notebook, analyze board what used to take 5-10 secs now can take over a minute and when you are making moves and analyzing games etc all of a sudden it takes five minutes to do some simple stuff.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 15:56
    Originally posted by DUI
    I would like to mention this time thing is no little thing. Whether I hit move, notebook, analyze board what used to take 5-10 secs now can take over a minute and when you are making moves and analyzing games etc all of a sudden it takes five minutes to do some simple stuff.
    This doesn't sound good. Please try clearing your browser cache, and report if it helped or not please.

Thanks,

-Russ
  10. Standard memberDUI
    HOBO
    THE HAIGHT
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 16:46
    This doesn't sound good. Please try clearing your browser cache, and report if it helped or not please.

Thanks,

-Russ
    Hey Russ,
    Thanks for getting back to me. And yes I clean my cache every morning hoping it would help. It doesnt. I have a dsl line and it is usually quite fast.
    Rick
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 17:01
    Originally posted by DUI
    Hey Russ,
    Thanks for getting back to me. And yes I clean my cache every morning hoping it would help. It doesnt. I have a dsl line and it is usually quite fast.
    Rick
    Ok, thanks for getting back.

This must simple be because of server load then, which I am trying to resolve at the moment.

-Russ
  12. Standard memberDUI
    HOBO
    THE HAIGHT
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 23:50
    Let me know when you think its better and I will let you know from my end. Cheers and thanks, Russ!
  13. At Diamond Joe's
    Moves
    16 Mar '06 19:56
    It was 1970 when I actually hit the "post" button and my reply is just now showing up!
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Mar '06 09:37
    Originally posted by DUI
    Let me know when you think its better and I will let you know from my end. Cheers and thanks, Russ!
    After spending quite some time looking at this, there is no magic bullet just yet to solve this. BUT, we will probably undertake a data purge, which should help (I want to say significantly, but I can't be too sure just yet).

-Russ
  15. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    17 Mar '06 18:47
    After spending quite some time looking at this, there is no magic bullet just yet to solve this. BUT, we will probably undertake a data purge, which should help (I want to say significantly, but I can't be too sure just yet).

-Russ
    Do we get to select the data we'd like to purge? I can think of a few users I would nominate as 'purgable data'... 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree