Go back
Using my Redhotpawn google play app

Using my Redhotpawn google play app "Invalid credentials"

Help

Vote Up
Vote Down

I went about a month without playing. I just started up and I keep getting a message of "invalid credentials". I've uninstalled/reinstalled, I've emptied the cache, but nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions? I have a Samsung 25 phone, if that helps.

1 edit
Vote Up
Vote Down

@Wisejargon

On the first screen that loads on the app, the version number is shown above the yellow button at the bottom of the screen.

What version are you using? You could even send feedback from the app ("Need Help? Contact us" link), that should bundle this information with your question.

edit : Also, are you certain you are using the correct email and password. If you log out from the web site, can you log in again with the same details?

Vote Up
Vote Down

@Wisejargon

I've investigated this, and although there has been changes to the authentication, none touched the app log ins, so if you details are correct, you should be able to log in.

As I said above, check you can log into the web site ok with the same details.

If you are logged into RHP, and don't want to logout, try logging into DailyChess.com (or vice-versa if you use DailyChess as you primary site,) so you can test this.

Vote Up
Vote Down

I now have the same problem. Invalid credentials on my phone but not on the iMac.

Vote Up
Vote Down

@Wisejargon
same problem just occurred on my iPhone. Works on the iMac.

Vote Up
Vote Down

@Forest9

Can you let me know which App version you are using? (Or trying to login to?)

Vote Up
Vote Down

@Russ
It is version 6.1.20 Thanks for looking into this.

Vote Up
Vote Down

@Russ
It is version 6.1.20 Thanks for looking into this.

2 edits
Vote Up
Vote Down

@Wisejargon

Please see this thread Thread 206078



Can you double check you are using the correct email address/password to login.

So log out of the web site, then log back in again. Just to make sure the credentials are as you remember them?

If you don't want to risk logging out of RHP, log in to dailychess.com - same site, just a different name, your same details will work if correct.

1 edit
Vote Up
Vote Down

@Wisejargon


Please see this thread Thread 206078

One more thing to check, can you log out of the Android app, and then log back in again?

This will almost certainly will solve the issue.

If you have recently logged into the web site, you will need to log in again elsewhere (see Thread 206040 )