Vacation Status

Vacation Status

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j
I Never Lie!

Dunno

Moves
10 Jul 04

When your on vacation i dont think its fair because you can still be timed out. Russ should change that so that people who do go on vacation can not be timed out

m
Moo

UK

Moves
10 Jul 04

Originally posted by jameswoodley
When your on vacation i dont think its fair because you can still be timed out. Russ should change that so that people who do go on vacation can not be timed out
No he shouldn't.

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
10 Jul 04

Yeah,so everyone when it's about to be timeouted will put the vacation flag and games will become endless.................

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Jul 04

Personally, I don't think there should be a vacation flag at all. It's 2004, who can't get to the internet once every three days or so? Besides if the players want to agree not to time out each other because of special circumstances they can work that out between themselves. To paraphrase Tom Hanks, "There's no vacations in chess!!!"

c
:-)

Sanremo

Moves
11 Jul 04

Originally posted by Ravello
Yeah,so everyone when it's about to be timeouted will put the vacation flag and games will become endless.................
Simply he could set that between a vacation flag and another must pass minimum 2 or 3 weeks, so none can abuse about it. I don't think that people go in vacation every week or so often!
Cristina

D

Wellington, NZ

Moves
11 Jul 04

Originally posted by no1marauder
Personally, I don't think there should be a vacation flag at all. It's 2004, who can't get to the internet once every three days or so? Besides if the players want to agree not to time out each other because of special circumstances they can work that out between themselves. To paraphrase Tom Hanks, "There's no vacations in chess!!!"
What if you have many games going? Would you expect people to message all their opponents, or make it easier by having the vacation flag with a message to everyone?

j
I Never Lie!

Dunno

Moves
14 Jul 04

If You have a really high rating when you go on hoilday for about 2 weeks you come back and your rating has gone way down because people have to timed you out.

I had a really high rating once until i went on vacation and it went way down, i now have to get it back up which will take like a year 2 do that vacation thing really anoys me 😠

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
14 Jul 04

Try using the timebank settings. Sounds like you'd be better playing games that have a 21 day time bank to avoid this problem.

s

Moves
14 Jul 04

That's the way to go.

A 7 day timeout / 21 day timebank game will ( as an example ) allow you 7 days + your 21 day timebank = 28 days - plenty of time for a holiday!!!

Even a 3/7 will get you 10 days!

Just cut down on the number of games you are playing if you expect to be away for a bit...

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
14 Jul 04
1 edit

This is the only way to avoid time out. Vacation Flags aren't reliable. My clan usually play 3 day no time bank (or 3 day 7 at a push),however due to it being holiday season I have been setting up all our challenges as 3 day time out 14 day time bank to allow my members to go away on holiday without worry. It can be done, just takes a bit of planning.

t
Retired knight

Chess Castle

Moves
14 Jul 04

people can take advantage of that

t
Retired knight

Chess Castle

Moves
14 Jul 04

Originally posted by no1marauder
i disagree

j
I Never Lie!

Dunno

Moves
15 Jul 04

maybe? Thats actally a good point

h

Moves
15 Jul 04

As I side note, how do you put up a vaction flag? I have yet to figure that one out....

m
Moo

UK

Moves
16 Jul 04

Originally posted by herrudeness
As I side note, how do you put up a vaction flag? I have yet to figure that one out....
My Settings - My Vacation Settings.