1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    11 May '07 05:10
    What does it mean when a square turns pink? I'm trying to castle on the queen side and it won't let me submit. What up?
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 May '07 05:24
    Originally posted by MothBall
    What does it mean when a square turns pink? I'm trying to castle on the queen side and it won't let me submit. What up?
    It means that the move you are trying to make is illegal.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 May '07 05:37
    For example, during a castling the king can't pass a threatened square.
  4. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    11 May '07 13:18
    well that just bites.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 May '07 13:311 edit
    well that just bites.
    Why does it bite? Rules are rules. The king would be under attack if it were to pass through that square, there are no teleporters in chess.

You might want to take some time and read the FAQ carefully, before you start another thread when one of your pawns vanishes into thin air. Seems there might be some rules you are not aware of.

P-
  6. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    12 May '07 01:53
    I did read the FAQ. Am I not allowed to ask a question in the "help" forum? Are you in charge of keeping the threads down to a bare minimum?
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 May '07 03:121 edit
    I did read the FAQ. Am I not allowed to ask a question in the "help" forum? Are you in charge of keeping the threads down to a bare minimum?
    I guess you didn't fully understand the FAQ section on castling. You can ask questions that are in the FAQ if you like, but people are going to point it out when these questions come up.

I also wasn't trying to be sarcastic, I wanted to be sure you understand en passant as well.

You also decided the rule bites, I was trying to explain the reasoning behind this perfectly fine rule.

P-
  8. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 May '07 01:47
    The rule does bite because it ruins my whole strategy, the FAQ are not written well, and I will continue to ask whatever is on my mind.

If I have a question about how a knight moves, I'll ask in the help forum. If I want to know capital of montana, I'll post a thread about it.
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    13 May '07 03:492 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    13 May '07 11:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 May '07 12:09
    The rule does bite because it ruins my whole strategy, the FAQ are not written well, and I will continue to ask whatever is on my mind.

If I have a question about how a knight moves, I'll ask in the help forum. If I want to know capital of montana, I'll post a thread about it.
    The knight move is in the FAQ. Perhaps you should have someone read the FAQ to you, and explain it in a way you can understand.

Hope that helps.

P-
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    13 May '07 12:19
    The rule does bite because it ruins my whole strategy,
    Your strategy was ruined because it was a faulty strategy because it is based on your partial understanding of the rules of the game of chess.

D
  13. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    13 May '07 19:25
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    The knight move is in the FAQ. Perhaps you should have someone read the FAQ to you, and explain it in a way you can understand.

Hope that helps.

P-
    the knight moves in an L shape, The capital of montana is HelenaπŸ˜‰πŸ™„πŸ˜΄πŸ˜ž
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 May '07 23:38
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    the knight moves in an L shape, The capital of montana is HelenaπŸ˜‰πŸ™„πŸ˜΄πŸ˜ž
    "Horsey does an L".

My father must have said that, cuz I think it a lot and it cracks me up.

P-
  15. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    14 May '07 06:36
    Hilarious.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree