1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 12:061 edit
    The following message has been broadcast to all users :

Please accept our apologies over the recent site outage. We have worked to return the service as promptly as possible.

There are still some outstanding issues :

Please note that from today some games will be reporting an incomplete history.

We will be fixing this for many games over the coming week. Once this process is complete, we will post to the site announcements forum. Please do not send feedback about individual games.

Some games that had moves over the weekend of 2009-12-05 to 2009-12-06 will still be reported as incomplete even once we have replaced all known moves though. A further announcement about this will be made once the full situation has been assessed.

Despite our investment in redundant hardware, a failing disc on our primary database resulted in a catalog of events over a couple of days which has left us with some move history data lost. This is very unfortunate, we have only had one similar event in the past, and we are quite proud of that record.

All I can say is sorry to everyone affected, lessons have been learnt and we will hope to avoid a similar situation in the future.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 12:121 edit
    Timeouts will remain suspened for another 48 hours.
  3. Standard memberNatsia
    Lippy Brat
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 12:27
    Naughty, naughty monkey!
    No bananas for you!
  4. Joined
    12 Apr '09
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 13:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    27 Jun '09
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 16:36
    Originally posted by Russ
    Timeouts will remain suspened for another 48 hours.
    Does it mean, the clock is not ticking. Or does it mean, exhausted timebanks cannot be (immediately) claimed right now, but at next opportunity?

Yours,
    Kay
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 16:482 edits
    Originally posted by kayhayen
    Does it mean, the clock is not ticking. Or does it mean, exhausted timebanks cannot be (immediately) claimed right now, but at next opportunity?

Yours,
    Kay
    You will not be able to click a skull untill the 48hrs. is up...Well you can click on it all you want but nothing will happen. :'( :'(

Not so bad though, those are usually the games you have won anyways, and reason your opponent isn't moving. 😉
  7. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 17:34
    I have noticed my in game message log is not correct since this outage. Either the post are deleted or messages my opponent gave it shows me as saying them.
    I dont know if thats all that big a deal but I thought I should mention it.
  8. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 18:11
    Originally posted by Russ
    The following message has been broadcast to all users :

[quote]
    Please accept our apologies over the recent site outage. We have worked to return the service as promptly as possible.

There are still some outstanding issues :

Please note that from today some games will be reporting an incomplete history.

We will be fixing this for many games ove ...[text shortened]... affected, lessons have been learnt and we will hope to avoid a similar situation in the future.
    It's the gremlins of chess master's pasts!!
  9. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 19:02
    Ruzz Rulezz
  10. Joined
    08 Sep '09
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 20:49
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    You will not be able to click a skull untill the 48hrs. is up...Well you can click on it all you want but nothing will happen. :'( :'(

Not so bad though, those are usually the games you have won anyways, and reason your opponent isn't moving. 😉
    I have a skull available now and due to a Crisis won't be here in 48hrs and maybe not a few days after that. Plenty of time for my opponent to show up, make one of his few remaining moves then click me out. Bah!
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 20:53
    Originally posted by Robin Johnson
    I have a skull available now and due to a Crisis won't be here in 48hrs and maybe not a few days after that. Plenty of time for my opponent to show up, make one of his few remaining moves then click me out. Bah!
    So use some vacation time.
  12. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 20:58
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    So use some vacation time.
    But he's a Reveal Hidden Content
    non-sub scumbag
  13. The Smoke
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 23:582 edits
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    But he's a ....
    .. Reveal Hidden Content
    look who's talking
  14. Earth Prime
    Moves
    08 Dec '09 01:09
    When should we know if I won't ever get the game history from my games?

I just played a great one. Would suck if we didn't have it in the records.

Also, my message log is also not present.
  15. Joined
    24 Mar '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '09 09:05
    I just thought I should publically congratulate Russ on the Twitter updates.

I didn't know RHP had a twitter, and it was really useful to see them to understand the state of play during this most recent outage.

Cheers guys 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree