1. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    16 Mar '12 23:31
    The leagues are suffering, there are other reasons also but many people complain of too many games upon start up. We need every clan \ person who merely considers them but dismisses on that basis alone...we're attempting a player pool for those not tied to clans or their clan isn't playing, to fill spaces for the clans a player or two short.. but we do need smaller divisions to get more interest. Why have a ten clan 1st division and a four clan second, demote an extra team next season, demote two if need be because if you don't, the stats indicate there'll be no league to play in two years time.
  2. Joined
    15 Mar '10
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 12:10
    As clan leader of the Skeptics, I think this might be worth a try, at least in the 1/14 league where the number of teams is rapidly decreasing. In recruiting a team for the current season in the 1/14 league, I received feedback from several clan members who were unwilling to face the possibility of 18 concurrent games (in a 10-team division) with a 1/14 time control. Of course, I don't know if fewer games would have persuaded them to join the team.
  3. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 14:22
    Originally posted by Richard Laura
    As clan leader of the Skeptics, I think this might be worth a try, at least in the 1/14 league where the number of teams is rapidly decreasing. In recruiting a team for the current season in the 1/14 league, I received feedback from several clan members who were unwilling to face the possibility of 18 concurrent games (in a 10-team division) with a 1/1 ...[text shortened]... ime control. Of course, I don't know if fewer games would have persuaded them to join the team.
    ...I LOVE the clan leagues but would appreciate a drop in start-up games to 14 (8 teams) my vote in...or several votes if I could find a way to stuff the ballot box...
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    09 Apr '12 13:19
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    The leagues are suffering, there are other reasons also but many people complain of too many games upon start up. We need every clan \ person who merely considers them but dismisses on that basis alone...we're attempting a player pool for those not tied to clans or their clan isn't playing, to fill spaces for the clans a player or two short.. but we do n ...[text shortened]... e because if you don't, the stats indicate there'll be no league to play in two years time.
    I agree smaller divisions is the only way to go.
    Regarding the 1/14 time frame , I suspect it's not suited to a lot of players:-
    Go away for 2 weeks annual holiday and you come home to a dollop of games requiring you to move within 24 hours with no time bank protection.
    Not good.
  5. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    09 Apr '12 13:38
    Originally posted by venda
    I agree smaller divisions is the only way to go.
    Regarding the 1/14 time frame , I suspect it's not suited to a lot of players:-
    Go away for 2 weeks annual holiday and you come home to a dollop of games requiring you to move within 24 hours with no time bank protection.
    Not good.
    ...good point...how's about a re-vamp including changing the time controls starting with a 3/7 maybe AND a maximum 8 teams per division...just a thought...
  6. Joined
    13 May '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '12 14:05
    I like the smaller league idea and also the 3/7 time constraint.

Henry (hklee) 🙂
  7. Joined
    30 Jan '12
    Moves
    09 Apr '12 16:33
    Clan leagues are great. Star up games don't bother me just need longer move times. Think 3/7 is the minimum we should be aiming for
  8. Joined
    15 Mar '10
    Moves
    09 Apr '12 19:04
    There is a clan league with a 3/7 time control, with 4 divisions in the current season. I get the impression from these last few postings that some feel that the 1/14 league should be eliminated. Or am I misunderstanding something?
  9. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    09 Apr '12 20:06
    There is a clan league with a 3/7 time control, with 4 divisions in the current season. I get the impression from these last few postings that some feel that the 1/14 league should be eliminated. Or am I misunderstanding something?
    I don't think it's necessary to stop the 1/14 as if there's no support for itit'll die out naturally.
    The way forward should be to reduce the division size and see if this increases the interest.
    A maximum of 8 teams per division as a first step sounds good.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    09 Apr '12 21:36
    I agree that smaller divisons are a good idea. Maybe even as small as 6 teams and have only one automatic demotion/promotion

I also think its not necessary to eliminate the 1/14 league. Heck, I'd probably play if its was only 10 games
  11. Joined
    14 Apr '07
    Moves
    09 Apr '12 23:03
    Why not just play the 3 day league if the 1 day is too much. Most of the people complaining have like 200 games going already. What is 18 more or the difference of 14 and 18 is miniscule.
  12. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 09:44
    ...oops, my mistake on the 3/7...thought it was 3/14...
  13. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 21:20
    Although some enjoy one league over another, and one league appears to be suffering far more than the others..we can't just drop a league entire, there is just no way that dropping say the 1day would 'boost' numbers in the 3 or the 7day league etc....IMO it just doesn't work that way..
  14. Berks.
    Moves
    13 Apr '12 15:22
    As an alternative suggestion to limit the number of new games at once, couldn't the 1 day league have a staggered start for the games, say 25% randomly selected starting week 1, another 25% a fortnight later, etc.
  15. Joined
    01 Jan '12
    Moves
    17 Apr '12 04:29
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    The leagues are suffering, there are other reasons also but many people complain of too many games upon start up. We need every clan \ person who merely considers them but dismisses on that basis alone...we're attempting a player pool for those not tied to clans or their clan isn't playing, to fill spaces for the clans a player or two short.. but we do n ...[text shortened]... e because if you don't, the stats indicate there'll be no league to play in two years time.
    Complaining is a problem. :-)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree