06 Dec '15 09:163 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    06 Dec '15 12:181 edit
    There's really nothing anyone can do to prevent it. The signup page requires you to say you're at least 13, but we've had grown men sign up their children, so what message is that sending to the child?

The potential for harm to children exists on every web site. The internet is not a safe place for the innocent, and it's up to parents to educate their children on the dangers and supervise their internet use. Kids with uncaring parents can get into just as much trouble at the local shopping mall.

There's nothing to stop people from reporting apparently underage people here to the site owner.
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    06 Dec '15 14:11

4. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    06 Dec '15 14:48
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yes
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Dec '15 15:12
    If I needed to talk to the site administrator I would send feedback. Have you tried that?
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    06 Dec '15 18:14

7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Dec '15 18:58
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    My concerns as well. Thanks for initiating this discussion. Let's hope Russ himself stops by to read your impassioned original post and replies here or by PM. .
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 22:02
    Have you fossils ever considered that this antiquated chess site is the least of your concerns when it comes to luring children?
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 04:33
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Have you fossils ever considered that this antiquated chess site is the least of your concerns when it comes to luring children?
    H...h...hold on sonny, let muh put on muh glasses here....

oh you again,...ain't it past yer bedtime?!
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 17:14
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Irrelevant to the valid concerns expressed by drewnogal in her original post. Suggest you read them again thoughtfully for the first time.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Dec '15 22:07
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Irrelevant to the valid concerns expressed by drewnogal in her original post. Suggest you read them again thoughtfully for the first time.
    I agree you nee help in this area; you're the one who still insists @tygert is a 14 year old.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Dec '15 08:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I agree you nee help in this area; you're the one who still insists @tygert is a 14 year old.
    @Tygert: "Last moved 498 days 23 hours and 3 minutes ago"

"My real name is Tyger. I am 14 years old and go to Bishop's College in Cape Town, South Africa. Hence my username is pronounced Tyger T separately. I play chess for fun and as a mental exercise, nothing more. I will jump at any opportunity to improve my cerebral capacity. I have taught myself everything I know about this game except for how the pieces move. I love to chat during games; it makes it more interesting. At the moment I am taking skulls because I want to get a rating above 1600. Take mine.

Opening preferences: Queen's Gambit, Italian Game and English Opening as white. The Najdorf Sicilian, Scandinavian Defence and Caro-Kann against 1.e4 and Baltic Defence, Gruenfeld Defence against 1.d4 as black.

Move once a day on weekdays but more on weekends.

Let's play!

Subscriber as of 10th of May 2013. Periodically stop moving frequently every May, June, November and December because of my exams."
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Dec '15 09:49
    @Tygert: "Last moved 498 days 23 hours and 3 minutes ago"

"My real name is Tyger. I am 14 years old and go to Bishop's College in Cape Town, South Africa. Hence my username is pronounced Tyger T separately. I play chess for fun and as a mental exercise, nothing more. I will jump at any opportunity to improve my cerebral capacity. I have taught myself ...[text shortened]... Periodically stop moving frequently every May, June, November and December because of my exams."
    We can all read a profile 🙄
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Dec '15 15:44
    Originally posted by divegeester
    We can all read a profile 🙄
    ~o-o~

"My real name is Tyger. I am 14 years old..."
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '15 02:081 edit
    "My real name is Tyger. I am [b]14 years old..."[/b]
    No he isn't.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree