1. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 04:48
    Why does my opponent have an airplane by his nickname?
    Can I get a guitar icon?
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 05:14
    I'm leaving on a jetplane,
    Don't know when I'll be back again.
  3. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 05:36
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    Can I get a guitar icon?
    Ignore Xanthos and his rancid rhetoric. He's on a bug hunt at the moment and can't give you his full attention.

The 'airplane' (sic) icon indicates that your opponent is on holiday and is unable to move. You may react to that anyway you wish.

skeeter
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 05:57
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    Can I get a guitar icon?
    Go to your opponents homepage (click on his name) and you can see if he left a notice when he will be back from his vacation (September 15th).
    It is considered rude to win the game by time him out during his vacation even if you can.
  5. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 08:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 09:17

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 11:23
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    Some people consider it rude for their opponent not to move in the agreed time and will click on the skull accordingly.
    That's right, but under vacation there is an unwritten gentlemens agreemens that one will not skull anyone out.

But back to the aeroplane icon - it signifies that the opponent is on vacation. Often with an explanation at his homepage.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 11:27
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    That's right, but under vacation there is an unwritten gentlemens agreemens that one will not skull anyone out.
    No, there isn't. Vacation status is currently just for information purposes, opponents can time you out with impunity. Many players have the policy of TO's whenever. It is unfair to call them ungentlemanly for claiming a game which their opponent failed to play within the agreed contract.

D
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 14:56
    Obvious we have different opinions about timing people out during their vacation.
    I'm certain that Ice Cold can decide for himself now.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 15:07
    Obvious we have different opinions about timing people out during their vacation.
    Obviously, but you shouldn't tell him that he should feel aggrieved with his opponent who 100% legally times him out while his vacation flag is flying. Some people (like you) don't time out people out with their vacation flag up, some people do. Its completely up to the player.

Why do you say we have different opinions about timing people out during their vacation. I haven't even said what my policy is. You gave inaccurate information which was likely to cause hard feeling, and I corrected it, simple as that.

D
  11. Earth Prime
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 15:21
    Originally posted by skeeter
    The 'airplane' (sic) icon

skeeter
    How do you think it's spelled?
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 16:38
    Originally posted by Coconut
    How do you think it's spelled?
    Autogyro, Smithers.

P-
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 17:12
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Obviously, but you shouldn't tell him that he should feel aggrieved with his opponent who 100% legally times him out while his vacation flag is flying. Some people (like you) don't time out people out with their vacation flag up, some people do. Its completely up to the player.

Why do you say we have different opinions about timing people out during th ...[text shortened]... information which was likely to cause hard feeling, and I corrected it, simple as that.

D
    Sorry if I offended you.

Now Ice Cube knows that this area is somewhat mined. And perhaps this was the intention with this discussion.
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 17:34
    Sorry if I offended you.

Now Ice Cube knows that this area is somewhat mined. And perhaps this was the intention with this discussion.
    No offense taken, but your inferral that I took TOs while my opponent is on holiday was also incorrect. I'm just sick of seeing threads "XXXXX is a cheat, he timed me out while I was on vacation", which we were in danger of seeing with your statement that there was some kind of gentleman's agreement on this site, regarding TOs while vacation flag is set.

Indeed, the intention of my posts here was to state that things weren't as clearcut as you made out.

D
  15. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 18:00
    Personally, I consider it more ungentlemanly to agree to a game at stated time settings and then, half way through it, to disappear on vacation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree