1. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 19:061 edit
    ..............those muppets like ItsYouThatIAdore, players of 1900+ strength entering 1400-1500 tournamentsTournament 1379..........just reviewing my active tournaments I came across this one but I guess there are a lot out there............all damned Dustnrogers emulators😞

Are you proud if you're going to win this one?
    In need of an ego boost uh?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 19:13
    Originally posted by Ravello
    ..............those muppets like ItsYouThatIAdore, players of 1900+ strength entering 1400-1500 tournamentsTournament 1379..........just reviewing my active tournaments I came across this one but I guess there are a lot out there............all damned Dustnrogers emulators😞

he won't qualify for the next round.
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 01:13
    Originally posted by trevor33
    he won't qualify for the next round.
    Really?
    I'm not following much the forums these days, is it a new feature implemented for tournaments?

I would be happy to hear that something is being done for such behaviours.
  4. The sky
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 01:15
    Really?
    I'm not following much the forums these days, is it a new feature implemented for tournaments?

I would be happy to hear that something is being done for such behaviours.
    Having had a short look at some of the games, he might not qualify simply because he has messed up some games.
  5. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 01:201 edit
    Yes, I was just looking at it..........one dead lost and another dead drawn game.........now I understand why he won't qualify.😳
  6. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 08:37
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Having had a short look at some of the games, he might not qualify simply because he has messed up some games.
    I had a quick look at his profile, I have just got out of bed so maybe I am missing something obvious but if you look at his tournament victories he has been named as the winner of the Mareades Grouped Random tournament, yet when you look at that tournament, he did not win it GauravV won it and he was second?
  7. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 10:47
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    I had a quick look at his profile, I have just got out of bed so maybe I am missing something obvious but if you look at his tournament victories he has been named as the winner of the Mareades Grouped Random tournament, yet when you look at that tournament, he did not win it GauravV won it and he was second?
    GuaravV was banned for computer cheating, I'm guessing that's pushed him up into first.
  8. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 11:33
    Originally posted by davidmacc
    GuaravV was banned for computer cheating, I'm guessing that's pushed him up into first.
    Ahh I see thanks, funny thing is that I have been runner up twice to someone banned but I didn't get elevated to winner (one of them was a group tournament so I finished a clear second in the final group)
  9. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 15:001 edit

Yes, it's pathetic for someone who used to be rated over 2000 to enter a tournament designed for players between 1400 and 1550.

Whether he wins it or even qualifies from his group is irrelevant. Just by being in the tournament this player is ruining it for others.

The rules need to be changed. A player's highest ever rating must be taken into account to determine eligibility for tournamants. The current system which uses the highest rating over the last 30 days is hopelessly inadequate.

There are just too many unscrupulous individuals who artificially lower their ratings by resigning or being timed out in masses of games and then take advantage of their falsely low ratings to enter these banded tournaments. I don't see why something can't be done about this.

Here's a simple solution:-

If a player has been rated over 2000, they can never enter a tournament with an upper limit of 1900 (I'm allowing a 100 point leeway in case their highest rating was a fluke).

If a player has been rated over 1900, they can never enter a tournament with an upper limit of 1800.

If a player has been rated over 1800, they can never enter a tournament with an upper limit of 1700.

.... and so on, all the way down to the bottom.

Why wouldn't that work?
  10. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 15:07
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    Yes, it's pathetic for someone who used to be rated over 2000 to enter a tournament designed for players between 1400 and 1550.

Whether he wins it or even qualifies from his group is irrelevant. Just by being in the tournament this player is ruining it for others.

The rules need to be changed. A player's highest ever rating must be taken into acco ...[text shortened]... of 1700.

.... and so on, all the way down to the bottom.

Why wouldn't that work?
    Agreed, with the usual proviso that this would only apply to ratings after the provisional period had passed.

Recc'ed!
  11. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 15:11

also see Sealion is in it aswell hes a former 2200 🙂
  12. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 16:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 16:031 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 17:06
    Originally posted by Smiffy
    also see Sealion is in it aswell hes a former 2200 🙂
    Too late for the guys in his group in this round, but it'd be nice to see Sealion forfeit his games at the start of the next round (no rating points lost if he does it at the start of the games!). There's no satisfaction for anyone in this kind of situation.

Come on Sealion - do the right thing! 🙂
  15. Berks.
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 23:14
    Originally posted by davidmacc
    Too late for the guys in his group in this round, but it'd be nice to see Sealion forfeit his games at the start of the next round (no rating points lost if he does it at the start of the games!). There's no satisfaction for anyone in this kind of situation.

Come on Sealion - do the right thing! 🙂
    Given he has been inactive for a while, a pair of timeouts seems likely.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree