1. Standard memberJ4z
    Chess Enthusiast!
    Minnesota
    Moves
    01 May '07 21:19
    This could be the wrong place for this, and if it is... I'm sorry.

but is there a list of people you swear are using a computer....

I know there are good players on this site, but I think I ran into someone using a computer... I loaded up my crafty engine and ran the game ... Nearly to the exact same moves as the analysis pointed out... not to mention the person doesn't have a loss yet...

just curious....

thanks
  2. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    01 May '07 21:22
    Originally posted by J4z

I know there are good players on this site, but I think I ran into someone using a computer... I loaded up my crafty engine and ran the game ... Nearly to the exact same moves as the analysis pointed out... not to mention the person doesn't have a loss yet...

just curious....

thanks
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/comhub/removedplayers.php

Look for 3b.

Removed computer users. There are still some out there though, yet to be found.
  3. Joined
    26 Jul '06
    Moves
    01 May '07 21:35
    Originally posted by J4z
    I loaded up my crafty engine and ran the game ...
    So you're admitting to engine use, eh?
  4. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    01 May '07 21:37

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    01 May '07 21:42
    I agree with Smaug. Allowing your bishop to capture a pawn and simultaneously pin the rook to the king, winning the exchange, seems very un-Craftylike. (And why didn't you take the rook?)

Yeah, check the game again.
  6. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    01 May '07 21:54
    Originally posted by J4z

just curious....

thanks
    If its the game I think it is I did not see anything special that would give me any inkling of computer use.
  7. Standard memberJ4z
    Chess Enthusiast!
    Minnesota
    Moves
    02 May '07 02:17
    Originally posted by st00p1dfac3
    So you're admitting to engine use, eh?
    ugh... if i was using a computer... I woudn't have made so many blunders!?! I knew I shouldn't have posted this....

thanks for the link to the removed players.

cheers
  8. Standard memberJ4z
    Chess Enthusiast!
    Minnesota
    Moves
    02 May '07 02:22
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Thanks for the info... I won't be so quick to judge next time... I guess being a newbie (on RHP) and all.... I just assume that everyone is using a computer (or at least thats the fear anyway) and I was curious if there was a list or something that I could double check ... thats why I really posted this...

anyway... thanks fellas for the comments

J4z
  9. London
    Moves
    02 May '07 12:27
    Originally posted by J4z
    Thanks for the info... I won't be so quick to judge next time... I guess being a newbie (on RHP) and all.... I just assume that everyone is using a computer (or at least thats the fear anyway) and I was curious if there was a list or something that I could double check ... thats why I really posted this...

anyway... thanks fellas for the comments

J4z
    You stumbled into a hot topic...if you suspect someone of using an engine then you can report them and the game can be checked out by someone with experience of spotting engine users. It's not a good idea to make accusations of cheating in the forums...and reading through the thread it seems it was easy enough for people to see who you were talking about. Nothing to worry about in this instance.

Thinking: - "They're beating me they must be using an engine" - is quite a normal human response!
  10. Standard memberJ4z
    Chess Enthusiast!
    Minnesota
    Moves
    02 May '07 17:14
    Originally posted by Mahout
    You stumbled into a hot topic...if you suspect someone of using an engine then you can report them and the game can be checked out by someone with experience of spotting engine users. It's not a good idea to make accusations of cheating in the forums...and reading through the thread it seems it was easy enough for people to see who you were talking about. N ...[text shortened]... ng: - "They're beating me they must be using an engine" - is quite a normal human response!
    yes... after I typed it, I realized I made an accusation that implicated another player... I was more in search of how/if it was regulated to make sure I didn't have to worry so much about it, but the way it came out is... like you said "I WAS BEAT BY A COMPUTER!" haha... I digress... I think you can see my mixup and I'm sorry. I plan on many people kicking my backside here on RHP... and I don't think that everyone uses their computer... it just happened here, that I saw no losses and him dominating his games along with the fact that no matter the pressure, he was always making the right move.... then I got suspicious... yadda yadda... you know... just trying to get the feel for how things work around here... and it looks like I opened a can of worms that I didn't know about...

sorry for the confusion.

j4z
  11. Joined
    26 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 May '07 17:28
    Originally posted by J4z
    ugh... if i was using a computer... I woudn't have made so many blunders!?! I knew I shouldn't have posted this....

thanks for the link to the removed players.

cheers
    Sorry. I was only joking. I know - unhelpful. At the time I thought it was funny...
  12. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '07 17:35
    Originally posted by J4z

just curious....

thanks
    If you think someone is using a computer, you should report it to the site admins using the "Send Feedback" link at the bottom of every page or send a PM to one of the members of the Game Moderation Team: http://www.redhotpawn.com/comhub/volunteers.php
  13. Forum Moderator
    02 May '07 17:58
    players with ratings below 3000 aren't qualified to make cheating alegations in the forums.

If you have suspicions please PM the game moderator or send site feedback.
  14. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    02 May '07 18:08
    Nothing to see here move along. This is the I'm losing you must be cheating vein from a newbie.
  15. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    02 May '07 21:35
    Originally posted by Forum Moderator
    players with ratings below 3000 aren't qualified to make cheating alegations in the forums.

If you have suspicions please PM the game moderator or send site feedback.
    Are you saying that players with ratings above 3,000 are?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree