1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 May '07 03:18
    Pathetic. These teams do very poor against the superior AL teams, and all seem to go slightly near .500 if they have a winning season at all. This teams should be moved to double A. The best team in the AL should just be crowned World Champs of baseball, or play Japan for another 'easy win'.

P-
  2. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    15 May '07 11:37
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Pathetic. These teams do very poor against the superior AL teams, and all seem to go slightly near .500 if they have a winning season at all. This teams should be moved to double A. The best team in the AL should just be crowned World Champs of baseball, or play Japan for another 'easy win'.

P-
    Maybe they're just too used to only needing to be good enough to beat the other teams within their league. More inter-league games might wake them up. Similarly, let's bring in some teams that aren't from the US and Canada for some friendlies.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    15 May '07 12:36
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Similarly, let's bring in some teams that aren't from the US and Canada for some friendlies.
    No doubt. I have no clue as to why this isn't done already.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 May '07 15:50
    Originally posted by darvlay
    No doubt. I have no clue as to why this isn't done already.
    It's very tough for US and Japan to get together, would be neat if they could agree to play a few 5 game series in Hawaii.

Games with Dominican and Cuba would be great also. I would prefer these type of games over the world tourneys that split US teams up into nationalities. I want to see their teams play our teams as is.

P-
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    15 May '07 19:40

P-
    ha! any U.S. baseball team aspiring to be called "world champion"
    should beat the Cuban team first.

For which they can apply after defeating the Japs 😉
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    15 May '07 19:53
    Originally posted by Seitse
    ha! any U.S. baseball team aspiring to be called "world champion"
    should beat the Cuban team first.

For which they can apply after defeating the Japs 😉
    I think it would be brilliant for Baseball to have a Champions League-like tournament where the best clubs from all the leagues around the world compete in a tournament.

Same goes for Basketball, especially after the Spaniards demonstrated the importance of teamwork over talent in the Olympics.
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    16 May '07 07:28
    I think it would be brilliant for Baseball to have a Champions League-like tournament where the best clubs from all the leagues around the world compete in a tournament.

Same goes for Basketball, especially after the Spaniards demonstrated the importance of teamwork over talent in the Olympics.
    Yup, agreed. It would be a dream come true to see every year a true world series... and in basketball the teams from Spain or Lithuania playing the NBA teams... freakin' sweet!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '07 13:04
    The last thing i want to see is more exhibition games in the middle of the season. Thirty major league teams acroos three time zones is enough. It would not be more enjoyable to have a week off in the middle of season so jet-lagged players can try to adjust to a new time zone and fans can watch players whom they have never seen before and therefore don know who anyone is. I have no problem with Japan, Cuba or anyone else having their own leagues or any player looking playing in any league, but extended road trips, teams no one ever heard about, games played at 3:00A.M. our time. just not a good idea to me.
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    16 May '07 13:09
    teams no one ever heard about

no one?

That's quite U.S.-centric, my friend. There is life outside the U.S. you know.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 May '07 13:10
    Originally posted by leepound
    The last thing i want to see is more exhibition games in the middle of the season. Thirty major league teams acroos three time zones is enough. It would not be more enjoyable to have a week off in the middle of season so jet-lagged players can try to adjust to a new time zone and fans can watch players whom they have never seen before and therefore don kn ...[text shortened]... , teams no one ever heard about, games played at 3:00A.M. our time. just not a good idea to me.
    Make the MLB season 140 games... don't try and do something like this in the middle of the season. Make the games count for something, not some sort of exhibition. Save plenty of time for it, so the players are all in one location and well rested and adjusted.

P-
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 May '07 13:12
    Yup, agreed. It would be a dream come true to see every year a true world series... and in basketball the teams from Spain or Lithuania playing the NBA teams... freakin' sweet!
    The NBA plays a stupid style of "fist your face" basketball. I loved the days when they played real basketball, the basketball that is still played all over the world. The NBA has turned into a contact sport, and when NBA players play on the international stage, they foul out, travel, and double-dribble their way to a big upset.

P-
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 May '07 13:271 edit
    The NBA plays a stupid style of "fist your face" basketball. I loved the days when they played real basketball, the basketball that is still played all over the world. The NBA has turned into a contact sport, and when NBA players play on the international stage, they foul out, travel, and double-dribble their way to a big upset.

P-
    Watching players take three steps in the NBA when they drive the lane is maddening. Why don't they call those? Everytime I see it and there's a whistle, I think, Thank God they finally called someone on it. Sure enough, it's a personal foul on the other team. 😕
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 May '07 13:291 edit
    teams no one ever heard about

no one?

That's quite U.S.-centric, my friend. There is life outside the U.S. you know.
    Sadly, this is why it will never fly. The viewing public in North America is simply not as interested in international competitions as they are in Europe.
  14. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    16 May '07 13:57
    Sadly, this is why it will never fly. The viewing public in North America is simply not as interested in international competitions as they are in Europe.
    Yeah, you are right... if the big bucks from the U.S. audiences are not in it, then it will not fly. Sad but true.

Maybe that's why I love the Olympic games, you know. The pros may not be there, but you get to see dreams come true like Felix Savon boxing with the future Don King kids, or Japanese and Cuban baseball together with the American. Also the ice hockey of the Winter Olympics is a delight.

It may not be the flash & cymbal of professional U.S. sport leagues, but the Olympics are damn good for those reasons.
  15. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    21 May '07 18:04

P-
    It actually looks pretty even so far. Both leagues have excellent teams, both leagues have crappy teams. And I think the interleague record this year is pretty even.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree