1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 19:18
    Ok, are we going to do this again this year, or as returning champion, do I have to set this up myself this year?

Just trying to get some idea of how many people might be interested...

And yes, this is NFL football... not that other kind.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 19:251 edit
    The NFL Club clan is running it this year, Shaved Pink. Talk to them about kicking their asses.

Clan 24783
  3. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 20:13
    ok, join! 😀
  4. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 20:15
    ramned is doing it this year, but he (gasp) has more to his life than online chess....😞
  5. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 11:522 edits
    Details.

Who's in: We need 12 members. If you have already told me you wanted or that you were thiking about joining, than either PM me or just post confirmation in this thread. So far, I have: Suzianne, darvlay, badmoon, jvanhine, Dance Master MC, myself, abejnood, Xpofer, SmookieP, CityBlue, and honus. So, if all of these people confirm, than we still need one more member. Post if you want in and CONFIRM.

Where: Top likely sites: 1 - nfl.com/fantasy, 2 - yahoo.com. Nfl.com is homepage of the NFL - has constantly updated news. The fantasy leagues provide a ton of analysis by Nfl analysists.

When: We will do a live draft, meaning, we are all online at the same time. So, we need to decide on a date and time to draft. By mid August, I hope to have drafted so we can trade and set up our teams. Also, the newcomers can familiarize with the rules. The draft takes about 1 hour 30 mins MAX.

What: For all you football fans who don't know what fantasy football is, it is a competitive league, where we draft NFL players (so know your players, their teams, their opponents, and their schedules!) We draft a team. Every week, we set up a lineup, based on predicting how well your players will do. For example, if you see Tom Brady is going to play the Jets, than put him as a starter. Each week, your team faces someone else in your league. Basically, your teams rack up points based on their live stats (So, don't start a player with a BYE week - be careful on those). By the end of the fantasy season, the teams with the best winning record play in a fantasy playoff - the winner of that is Champion! It is challenging, competitive and fun. I can't help but check my score every 10 mins! There will be specific rules once we register (I will take care of setting up a private league.)

So, confirm if you are playing by PM me, or by posting your confirmation! Even if you are not yet on my list, post that you want to play as some players on that list were unsure.

I am in for sure.
  6. Arizona
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 17:21
    I'M IN.
  7. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 17:43
    Count me in - Pleeeeeease try not to have draft at 3am UK time 🙄
  8. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 19:26
    I'm in
  9. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 20:403 edits
    Confirmed:

Ramned
    CityBlue
    honus
    darvlay
    jvanhine
    PocketKings
    richjohnson

Wow, that was quick. Need 5 more confirmations and we'll get rolling. Of course, people who have claimed a spot already have priority, so, sign up NOW! Suzianne will confirm, I'm sure Smookie and badmoon will too, so there might will be room for 1-2 more. (however nobody who is not on this list and who has not already signed up is not guarenteed...) To suit CityBlue / Europeans, we well draft by 3:00 my time.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 21:16
    I'm in.

You might want to post something in General as well, since the only other one I see here who was in my league last year is Darvlay.

But then again, if all we want in is 12, maybe not. 🙂
  11. Joined
    01 Jul '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 00:06
    I'm in.
  12. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 00:13
    Ramned
    CityBlue
    honus
    darvlay
    jvanhine
    PocketKings
    richjohnson
    abejnood
    Suzianne

9 confirmed, need 12.
  13. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 03:24
    ok, good, more response than last time...darvlay is in? last time he wasnt sure...
  14. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 03:25
    andrewknott is in....
  15. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 03:26
    you also forgot smookiep...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree