Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 20 Mar '07 21:30
    Game 3335072

    ok, so here's the game i'm playing with the guy advocating 1. ... h5 as a good reply to 1. d4 or e4
    i'll try to represent logic in the best way possible
    obviously, it's still in progress
    NO COMMENTS!!!
  2. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    20 Mar '07 21:32
    Game 3323260 is in progress so, NO COMMENTS PLEASE!
  3. Standard member bannedplayer306509
    Best Loser
    20 Mar '07 21:34
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    Game 3323260 is in progress so, NO COMMENTS PLEASE!
    In my experience, at this level, the opening doesn't decide the game, a blunder does.

    h5 might be bad at a high level, but at our level, it isn't.
  4. 20 Mar '07 21:38
    a5 might be better... then a4 trying to distract whites pieces away from the center
  5. 20 Mar '07 21:39
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    In my experience, at this level, the opening doesn't decide the game, a blunder does.

    h5 might be bad at a high level, but at our level, it isn't.
    even at our level, black is just handing us two free moves on a silver platter...
  6. Standard member bannedplayer306509
    Best Loser
    20 Mar '07 21:40 / 1 edit
    but we can't bite their heads off like fritz can for doing that... silver platter or not.
    Not that i'm suggesting a crazy opening or anything.
  7. Standard member Raven69
    Different
    20 Mar '07 22:18
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    h5 might be bad at a high level, but at our level, it isn't.
    Are you insinuating we are low level players? I resent that accusation!
  8. Standard member Raven69
    Different
    20 Mar '07 22:19
    Originally posted by ChessJester
    a5 might be better... then a4 trying to distract whites pieces away from the center
    Good idea...I think I'll try that.
  9. Standard member Dragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    20 Mar '07 23:38 / 1 edit
    Not as good as 1. ... g5.

    So far my results with this are

    P5 W5 D0 L0

    A stunning response for black.

    Resistance is futile.
  10. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    20 Mar '07 23:41 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Not as good as 1. ... g5.

    So far my results with this are

    P5 W5 D0 L0

    A stunning response for black.

    Resistance is futile.
    Try beating me with the Borg Defense. You'll have to make the challenge because my rating isn't at 1600 yet. Let me just clear out one of my games first.
  11. 20 Mar '07 23:43
    Originally posted by Raven69
    Are you insinuating we are low level players? I resent that accusation!
    This is to funny!

    O you guys have no idea! None!
  12. 20 Mar '07 23:56
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Not as good as 1. ... g5.

    So far my results with this are

    P5 W5 D0 L0

    A stunning response for black.

    Resistance is futile.
    followed up, of course, by f6?
  13. 21 Mar '07 02:47
    well, i just blundered mine away, how are you doing dutch boy?
  14. Standard member Raven69
    Different
    21 Mar '07 02:56
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    well, i just blundered mine away, how are you doing dutch boy?
    Not much better then you....

    And I'm actually thinking of trying 1...g5 next...or maybe a reverse Hammerschlag. 1...f6 followed by Kf7!
  15. Standard member Raven69
    Different
    21 Mar '07 02:58 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by RahimK
    This is to funny!
    Isn't it just? I am amused to no end....first they take someone who suggests 1...h5 seriously O_o then challenge her to a game, and then they can't even beat her...hahaha!

    Oh man, I love the people on this site...!