Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 03 Sep '06 04:21 / 1 edit
    1.d4 d5 2.c4 c3 3.e4 dxe4 4.Nc3 f5 5.Bf4 Nf6 6.f3 Nbd7

    this according to junior 10 is better for white and the best moves for black it rates it: = 0.01 in depth 18 (the higher the better for white...)(it starts from =0.00 at the beginning)what do you think?
  2. 03 Sep '06 05:14
    Originally posted by moon 111
    1.d4 d5 2.c4 c3 3.e4 dxe4 4.Nc3 f5 5.Bf4 Nf6 6.f3 Nbd7

    this according to junior 10 is better for white and the best moves for black it rates it: = 0.01 in depth 18 (the higher the better for white...)(it starts from =0.00 at the beginning)what do you think?
    i suppose you mean 2...c6, 3.e4? is more like it, computers are bad at analyzing positions in the openings according to many strong players i have talked to....
  3. 03 Sep '06 05:26
    Heh,weird opening.Anyway, =0.01 means the computer judges it as equal.
    I don't really understand the aim of this thread
  4. 03 Sep '06 05:47
    why would white aim for +.01 ?
  5. 03 Sep '06 10:28
    0.00 is starting postion (so white has an advantage then)
    +0.01 is extra
  6. 03 Sep '06 11:04
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    A hundreth of a pawn, great.
    You get a hundred of them though and you get, well, a pawn.
    Food for thought
  7. 03 Sep '06 11:20
    Originally posted by alexstclaire
    i suppose you mean 2...c6, 3.e4? is more like it, computers are bad at analyzing positions in the openings according to many strong players i have talked to....
    If your going o correct someone, you could at least get it right.


    as for the position:

    Crafty scores it as -0.27
    (depth 12, Nodes:26.229M)

    Line:

    7. Qe2 Nh5 8. Bd2 exf3 9. Nxf3 Ndf6 10. O-O-O b5 11. c5 b4 12. Na4 Nd5
  8. 03 Sep '06 11:53
    Originally posted by moon 111
    0.00 is starting postion (so white has an advantage then)
    +0.01 is extra
    0.00 is completely equal.The engine doesn't give white an advantage before a move is made.I loaded crafty 19.01,set it on infinite analyses and 5 lines then gave it the starting position.After 1 minute it came up with: 1.Nf3 and 1.d4 =(0.01)
    1.Nc3 =(0.00)
    1.e4 =(-0.01)
    1.e3=(-0.03)
    after 2 minutes
    1.e4 =(0.02)
    1.d4=(-0.09)
    1.Nf3 and 1.Nc3 =(-0.10)
    1.e3 =(-0.11)

    What does all that tell us?Absolutely nothing
  9. 03 Sep '06 15:35
    Originally posted by Shinidoki
    If your going o correct someone, you could at least get it right.


    as for the position:

    Crafty scores it as -0.27
    (depth 12, Nodes:26.229M)

    Line:

    7. Qe2 Nh5 8. Bd2 exf3 9. Nxf3 Ndf6 10. O-O-O b5 11. c5 b4 12. Na4 Nd5
    the only thing i corrected him at i did get right!!!!!!!!!! why would you even say that, whats wrong with you??????
  10. 03 Sep '06 15:36
    Originally posted by moon 111
    0.00 is starting postion (so white has an advantage then)
    +0.01 is extra
    o.oo isnt the starting position, at least in fritz, white is ahead, and that makes sense because white has a better chance to win....
  11. 04 Sep '06 16:58
    Originally posted by moon 111
    0.00 is starting postion (so white has an advantage then)
    +0.01 is extra
    if you aim for the truly nonexistant advantage in +0.01 then you will fail miserably in life due to a lack of ambition.