Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 29 Jul '07 21:33
    Is it possible to do what Golden King did(without cheating of course), get a 3000+ rating?
  2. 29 Jul '07 21:40
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Is it possible to do what Golden King did(without cheating of course), get a 3000+ rating?
    The only player I know who can achieve this rating is User 15118.

    Unfortunately he's retired.
  3. 29 Jul '07 21:46
    Originally posted by kenan
    The only player I know who can achieve this rating is User 15118.

    Unfortunately he's retired.
    he never did never will.
  4. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    29 Jul '07 21:47
    i would like to see more skilled players on this site... is there a way of recruiting them here?? im sure anyone whos a IM could get paid for... its just fun watching wayerstrass and others play on here...
  5. 29 Jul '07 21:50
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    i would like to see more skilled players on this site... is there a way of recruiting them here?? im sure anyone whos a IM could get paid for... its just fun watching wayerstrass and others play on here...
    They take so flippin long to move! it's interesing for a while then it becomes boring until the end.
  6. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    29 Jul '07 21:55
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    They take so flippin long to move! it's interesing for a while then it becomes boring until the end.
    thats why i only look through the already finished ones, or else it would take way too long
  7. 29 Jul '07 22:01
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    i would like to see more skilled players on this site... is there a way of recruiting them here?? im sure anyone whos a IM could get paid for... its just fun watching wayerstrass and others play on here...
    User 216602 is an IGM according to his profile.
    Though his RHP rating of 2115 seems rather low for a Grandmaster.
  8. 29 Jul '07 22:59
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    User 216602 is an IGM according to his profile.
    Though his RHP rating of 2115 seems rather low for a Grandmaster.
    its a corr. site!


    I'm confident a corr. master would beat a GM in corr play --- so long as the GM was playing the same as they would OTB
  9. 29 Jul '07 23:01 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Shinidoki
    its a corr. site!


    I'm confident a corr. master would beat a GM in corr play --- so long as the GM was playing the same as they would OTB
    Surely the rating should be higher for an OTB GM with longer time controls & book/db references though?
    2115 is 400 points below what you'd expect - that's a huge difference.

    I suppose he could be blitzing his games or trying unusual ideas or something.
  10. 29 Jul '07 23:02
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    Surely the rating should be higher for an OTB GM with longer time controls & book/db references though?
    2115 is 400 points below what you'd expect - that's a huge difference.
    whats the minimum rating for international master?
  11. 29 Jul '07 23:05
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    whats the minimum rating for international master?
    Around 2400 I think.
    His profile clearly says IGM though...
  12. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    29 Jul '07 23:11
    can someone become a corrispondince master by just playing at this site?
  13. 29 Jul '07 23:13
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    can someone become a corrispondince master by just playing at this site?
    no, I think you have to be a part of ICC.
  14. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    29 Jul '07 23:14
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    no, I think you have to be a part of ICC.


    maybe if a few thousand more join here something can become official..
  15. 29 Jul '07 23:14
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    & I'm a FIDE Master