3000 rating?

3000 rating?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i

Moves
29 Jul 07

Originally posted by Dance Master MC
no, I think you have to be a part of ICC.
😞

maybe if a few thousand more join here something can become official..

S

Moves
29 Jul 07

The post that was quoted here has been removed
& I'm a FIDE Master
😉

SS

Moves
29 Jul 07

k

Moves
29 Jul 07

I actually had a rating over 3000.

DMM

USA

Moves
29 Jul 07

Originally posted by kenan
I actually had a rating over 3000.
when? where?

k

Moves
29 Jul 07

Originally posted by Dance Master MC
when? where?
In my dream last night. 😉

k

washington

Moves
29 Jul 07

I do not doubt that recuvic is a grandmaster. I've played him several times and looking at his play he knows the game well. Any grandmaster on a site like this is probably not going to play their usual style. As you can see he has played several games as e4 d4 and c4 i know for sure. I'm not sure about Nf3. With losses does that mean he is not a grandmaster? Everyone makes mistakes even GM's. also don't forget the fact that david tebb beat gary kasparov and he has lost 59 games on here! My dad once told me this, ratings do not matter and the chess pieces are not bias, Just because you are rated higher than someone does not mean they can't beat you. Not saying that ratings don't matter but a mistake is a mistake and if you play a great game against a great player it is possible to win.

S

Moves
30 Jul 07
1 edit

An IGM rated 2115 isn't just having a bad week - they'd be extremely upset by their performance I would think.
Are you sure you understand the massive difference between 2100 & 2500?

If someone rated 2115 played a standard IGM (rated 2500+) 100 times you might expect a few drawn games, but the IGM would probably win at least 70% of them. That's how they get the title Grandmaster.

There are 2 people at the club I'm about to join who have OTB ratings of around 2100.

STS

Moves
30 Jul 07

Looking at Golden king's games, it's a bizarre hoax involving two (or more) names, ke3 and ke1, both with big ratings, all playing and resigning after a few moves building up from ke1 to ke3 to golden king.
A fascinating waste of time for someone.

i

Moves
30 Jul 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Sam The Sham
Looking at Golden king's games, it's a bizarre hoax involving two (or more) names, ke3 and ke1, both with big ratings, all playing and resigning after a few moves building up from ke1 to ke3 to golden king.
A fascinating waste of time for someone.
User 204980 User 285560

looks like these might be the same people too..

k

washington

Moves
30 Jul 07

Grandmasters stick to very few openings. A grandmaster can play the sicilian perfect but then they go play a different opening for fun say a ruy lopez. it is not possible to lose playing an opening you do not know? also grandmasters will stick to the same openings and not play e4 d4 and c4 for competition just wont happen. Isn't david tebb a grandmaster? and if so why does he have losses. Do you understand the difference from icc and otb? people who are really good on icc are not always the same skill at otb and vis versa. tell you what start playing games and alternate on what openings you play e4 d4 and c4 and do the same with defense. your rating would most likley drop because you are playing a variety of too many different openings and middle games. the game is just too complex!

S

Moves
30 Jul 07

Originally posted by kmac27
Grandmasters stick to very few openings.
I'm sorry, but that is simply not correct if you look at any GM's games from a database.
They have to prepare to win against other GM's - which means they study their opponents previous games looking for slight weaknesses. Thus out of necessity they end up playing a wide variety of openings with a deep knowledge of many lines.

Just as a little test, name me an IGM & we'll do a database search to see how many openings they use as white?

i

Moves
30 Jul 07
1 edit

want me name to do a random one so its fair?

k

washington

Moves
30 Jul 07

you truly know very little about GM play. they pick a few openings and know them very well. as you know white plays e4 black plays e5 black needs to know the ruy lopez, scotch kings gambit etc etc. so they do have a few openings to memorize. remember also that when you look at a masters opening rep. you should also look at what is in common. is there some unrwitten rule that gms can't lose to people who are 2000? happens plenty of the time. why don't you ask him for his name and look it up gaurintee you'll find him.

S

Moves
30 Jul 07
1 edit

Originally posted by kmac27
Isn't david tebb a grandmaster?
Whilst Mr. Tebb is a superb player, his highest FIDE rating was 2271 I think (though he may correct me) which, on the FIDE scale is usually as follows:

2200-2300 = Candidate Master
2300 = FIDE Master
2400-2500 = International Master
2500-2600 = International Grandmaster (except in the odd case where GM norms aren't completed)
2600+ = All IGM