Aggresive Response to 1. d4

Aggresive Response to 1. d4

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
19 Mar 07

Originally posted by Raven69
I tell you what, after you are done one of your games challenge me with white and I'll play 1...h5 against you, since 'tis obviously a bad move, you should have no problem winning...
i'd love to!!
this'll be fun, for me at least...

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
19 Mar 07

Originally posted by DeepThought
I'm normally quite open to the idea that quirky moves can have some merit, but I really don't see how 1. ... h5 achieves anything useful for black. As white it's probably possible to open 1. h4, but you have the opening advantage and can get away with dropping a tempo, as black you don't have that luxury and unless you can explain how 1. ... h5 forms pa ...[text shortened]... on't believe you. I'm prepared to accept a challenge if you want to put this to the test.
no no no no
he's mine
anyway, i see your point that at our level, openings don't make much of a difference...
but all the main line openings we use still have a goal, whether it be an attack, setting up a defence, or just developing as normal
1. ... h5 does nothing
like you said earlier, black can't afford this when he starts out minus one tempo to begin with...
it's a waste of a move, and it lets white rape the crap out of the center

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
19 Mar 07

and anyway, as a side note...
1. ... h5 might have some psychological advantage in OTB play, where the white player will almost surely not have a fully prepared line against it
but in CC chess, where i have a ton of time, 1. ... h5 is useless

R
Different

Moves
19 Mar 07

Originally posted by Korch
Using engine wont "save" you from using your own head, but if they are so useless then why almost all chess professionals are using them during preparing to competitions?

P.S. From your posts it may be said that that you are one of these chess players about which Tartakover have said that they "are playing weak and does not understand that they are playing weak. These are fools - avoid them."
I dunno, you tell me...

P.S. you're right, I am weak...I achieved my 2050 rating by being lucky in virtually all my games...

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
19 Mar 07

I dunno, you tell me...

P.S. you're right, I am weak...I achieved my 2050 rating by being lucky in virtually all my games...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
LO LIPPING L
THAT'S HILARIOUS!!
YOU GOT TO 2050 USING 1. ... H5 IN YOUR OPENING REPERITOIRE?!?!
ok, now i can die, i've heard it all

R
Different

Moves
19 Mar 07

Originally posted by rubberjaw30
1. ... h5 might have some psychological advantage in OTB play, where the white player will almost surely not have a fully prepared line against it
Ok I'll give you this one, but I've got to practise my openings somewhere...!

And anyone who wishes to challenge me can do so...I have space for three more games.

R
Different

Moves
19 Mar 07

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
LO LIPPING L
THAT'S HILARIOUS!!
YOU GOT TO 2050 USING 1. ... H5 IN YOUR OPENING REPERITOIRE?!?!
ok, now i can die, i've heard it all
I didn't say that.

c

Moves
19 Mar 07

I dunno, you tell me...

Uh, yeah, you're completely full of crap.

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
19 Mar 07

I dunno, you tell me...

yes you did...
i just quoted you saying that you're 2050
and you say you've been using 1. ... h5 to get there?
yeah
i'm with cms(csm?)Master on this one
you're completely full of crap

R
Different

Moves
20 Mar 07

Where did I say I used 1...h5 to get to 2050??

And I'm not full of crap....I'm full of sugar and spice and everything nice 🙂....and maybe some whiskey...

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
20 Mar 07

You guys watch out! Fair warning.

London

Moves
20 Mar 07

Is it necessary to prepare against 1.h5...my new book "Beating Unusual Openings" just says this:

....the like of 1.a4, 1.Na3, 1.h3 and 1.f3 will not be considered here. Black should meet them by simply developing his pieces, possibly in relation to any reversed opening which might occur (i.e. 1.a3..e5 would suit 1.e4 players while 1.d4 players should prefer 1.a3...d5)

These are not first moves which anyone should lose any sleep over; anyone who does should really be reading a more basic book on opening play like Emms's Discovering Chess Openings.

R
Different

Moves
20 Mar 07

Originally posted by Mahout
Is it necessary to prepare against 1.h5...my new book "Beating Unusual Openings" just says this:

....the like of 1.a4, 1.Na3, 1.h3 and 1.f3 will not be considered here. Black should meet them by simply developing his pieces, possibly in relation to any reversed opening which might occur (i.e. 1.a3..e5 would suit 1.e4 players while 1.d4 players should pre ...[text shortened]... d really be reading a more basic book on opening play like Emms's Discovering Chess Openings.
Why not 1.f3? I think one should prepare against 1.f3 followed by 2.Kf2...

London

Moves
20 Mar 07

Why not 1.f3? I think one should prepare against 1.f3 followed by 2.Kf2...
You mean something like: 1.f3...e5, 2 Kf2...Qh4+, 3.Ke3...Bc5+, 4.Kd3...Qd4++😲

R
Different

Moves
20 Mar 07

Originally posted by Mahout
You mean something like: 1.f3...e5, 2 Kf2...Qh4+, 3.Ke3...Bc5+, 4.Kd3...Qd4++😲
Of course not! That's just silly...after 2...Qh4+ you go 3.g3, obviously.

I don't think Qh4+ is the best for black in this opening, after g3 they are just forced to move the queen again and they lose a tempo.