1. e4
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 13:50
    From chessgames so I cannot vouch for it 100% but nobody has challenged it.
    Prize money in Euro's.

1. Viswanathan Anand - €95,000

2. Sergey Karjakin - €88,000

3. Shakhriyar Mamedyarov - €56,667

3. Vladimir Kramnik - €56,667

3. Dmitry Andreikin - €56,667

6. Peter Svidler - €25,000

6. Levon Aronian - €25,000

8. Veselin Topalov - €17,000
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 00:373 edits
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    From chessgames so I cannot vouch for it 100% but nobody has challenged it.
    Prize money in Euro's.

1. Viswanathan Anand - €95,000

2. Sergey Karjakin - €88,000

3. Shakhriyar Mamedyarov - €56,667

3. Vladimir Kramnik - €56,667

3. Dmitry Andreikin - €56,667

6. Peter Svidler - €25,000

6. Levon Aronian - €25,000

8. Veselin Topalov - €17,000
    Poor Topy barely made plane fare🙂

That adds up to a bit over 400K Euro's. I thought I heard at one point in the commentary there was a 600K prize fund.

Maybe the extra 200K went to FIDE president🙂

Boy, Aronian must be crying in his beer to be near the bottom of the list when his rating was way over 2800. He should have creamed everyone.

Well, that amount, 400 odd thousand Euro's is about 600,000 US so maybe that is what they were talking about.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 09:19
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Yes I agree. His play has become far too cautious over the last 4 or 5 years. It seems to be quite a common problem which goes with the World title. Kramnik was the same when he was the champion.

Now Anand has nothing to lose. I'll be interested to see how different his match with Carlsen will be a year on. If my memory serves me correctly, there hav ...[text shortened]... akes to adapt to Carlsens style and really challenge him this time? It would be great to see. 🙂
    I cannot believe that Kramnik and Topalov did not shake hands and held a private press conference each, flip sake it was like 6 years ago, very bad sportsmanship and not keeping within the spirit of chess, they should be ashamed and join Clan Metallica who take that kind of skulduggery as parr for the course.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 11:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I cannot believe that Kramnik and Topalov did not shake hands and held a private press conference each, flip sake it was like 6 years ago, very bad sportsmanship and not keeping within the spirit of chess, they should be ashamed and join Clan Metallica who take that kind of skulduggery as parr for the course.
    Any idea what caused the bad blood between them?
  5. Joined
    18 Feb '10
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 11:38
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Any idea what caused the bad blood between them?
    Are you having a giraffe?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Chess_Championship_2006#Bathroom_controversy
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 12:49
    Originally posted by Data Fly
    Are you having a giraffe?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Chess_Championship_2006#Bathroom_controversy
    8 years later they're still ticked off. Wow. I would have thought that if K was cheating with engine, he would not have used a network cable, I would have thought he would have used a wifi link of some kind but if not, how would he even have gotten a computer into a bathroom or even a laptop? Hidden in the ducts?

Seems a bit paranoid of Topy.
  7. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 13:48
    8 years later they're still ticked off. Wow. I would have thought that if K was cheating with engine, he would not have used a network cable, I would have thought he would have used a wifi link of some kind but if not, how would he even have gotten a computer into a bathroom or even a laptop? Hidden in the ducts?

The previous occupant left specially coded deposits.
  8. Joined
    18 Feb '10
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 14:271 edit

Team Topov didn't really think that Kramnik was cheating. Kramnik was beating the pants off their man and they came up with the toilet nonsense to put Kramnik off, and they succeeded. Luckily for all lovers of honesty and fair play, Kramnik staged a fantastic comeback and won the match anyway.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 15:05
    Originally posted by Data Fly
    Team Topov didn't really think that Kramnik was cheating. Kramnik was beating the pants off their man and they came up with the toilet nonsense to put Kramnik off, and they succeeded. Luckily for all lovers of honesty and fair play, Kramnik staged a fantastic comeback and won the match anyway.
    Indeed it was the scurrilous Silvio Danailov (spit ding) who caused all the trouble
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 17:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Indeed it was the scurrilous Silvio Danailov (spit ding) who caused all the trouble
    Is Danailov still around?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree