1. Joined
    01 Mar '11
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 10:32
    In this moment, the best Android chess apps for tablets ( mine is a dual core Nvidia2 - 1 GHz Toshiba Folio 100) are:
    1) Droidfish 1.27- the only MP Android chess program- the strongest in this field, based on the Stockfish 2.0.1
    2) Shredder 1.2- Extremely strong and complete
    3) Chess Genius 2.3- The best option for the general public- fantastic.
    4) Chess for Android 2.7- Fantastic chess tool, and up to now the only UCI chess platform on Android. I got the following UCI engines in it:
    rotor0.6a
    cuckoo1.08
    Stockfish 2.0
    toga2
    robbolito0085e4l
    IvanHoe-999947c
    gnuchess
    Chess 8.0.3
    bikjump
    5) I did not get the Chess Rival, as I have not Android Market Application on my tablet. The authors promised to send me a direct link to be able to download it DIRECTLY, as Genius, Droidfish or Chess for Android have already done, but they DID NOT YET. I am still waiting.

Alex54
  2. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    21 Apr '11 14:49
    Originally posted by Russ
    Thread 138505 Reposted now the app has received a few fixes and minor enhancements.

Features will improve as we become more familiar with the Android platform. No integration with RHP though, that is getting its own app.

Kind reviews on the app store gratefully received. Bad reviews, not so much 🙂
    Downloaded Rival chess onto a Sony Ericsson X10 mini which has a smaller screen than most smart phones etc. Nevertheless worked pretty well. I even won a game and emailed the PGN without any problems!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree