1. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 23:37
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Both games were "won" [b]by me

Game 2266664; and
    Game 2266665

but you had stopped moving, I sent reminder after reminder, your rating was plummeting but still you would not move.

Eventually I had to take the time outs but, believe me, I would have preferred not to and wanted to win both games in "normal" play.[/b]
    that's funny...
    a 1750 hangs his queen...
    don't see that every day...
    particularly in CC
  2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 23:39
    Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
    ya...i suppose Wormwood, i dont know how you see that though, you beat me, and drawed me and you gained ample rating points for the win, and i think i gained one point for the draw lol...
    I won both our games (although in the other game you dropped a rook in winning position), and you resigning about a 100 games left me with +10 points instead the 45-50... and okay, win is a win and points are just points. -but what was really annoying, was that you immediately continued playing after the mass resignations, which scraps your excuse about real life interfering with chess. also, you've done the same thing at least 3 times since I've joined, and whether you realize it or not, that leaves hundreds of pissed off people in your trail.

why not just keep the gameload small enough to be able to deal with it? think prophylactics.

oh man, I just noticed you have 240 games again, even if you've just resigned a few dozens. don't you ever learn?
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 00:49
    true, but never have i intentionally done that to face lower opponents...or to keep my rating low...i try to be the best i can, sometimes i get flustered, play a bad string of games, or just mess up...i have had three major timeout periods in two years plus...which is why i have so many losses...but i never did this intentionally...things happen sep ...[text shortened]... like the new rule about a mandatory period where an opponent cannot be timed out...pretty sweet.
    Fair enough, we all mess up. But I hope that you made allowances that the opponent you referred to in the initiating post of the thread (I couldn't work out who it was) may suffer the same problems.
  4. Canada
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 01:05
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    that's funny...
    particularly in CC
    not everyone plays great everyday...we all have bad games...
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 01:09
    not everyone plays great everyday...we all have bad games...
    i know
    but my point is that, if ur having an "off" day, take a break...
    that's the beauty of CC
    u have a ton of time to move...
    and at that level over the board, a bad game usually comes down to an over looked combination, or a slight positional miscue...
    not talking down to the player who made the mistake, as i have hung queens on this site...
  6. Canada
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 01:10
    Originally posted by wormwood
    I won both our games (although in the other game you dropped a rook in winning position), and you resigning about a 100 games left me with +10 points instead the 45-50... and okay, win is a win and points are just points. -but what was really annoying, was that you immediately continued playing after the mass resignations, which scraps your excuse about rea ...[text shortened]... d you have 240 games again, even if you've just resigned a few dozens. don't you ever learn?
    true i suppose...i guess i understand what you guys are getting at...its just a bad habit sometimes to play so many games...

Its not that i play so many games, sometimes its just easier to play winning positions...and it was a bad habit to avoid losing positions...

I offer an apology to you guys...and if you go through my games im not doing that anymore...(mostly because i feel like an idiot after doing it) and outta the last three hundred games ive only had one dip in my rating, and your looking at it right now...but i had a rough stretch where i hanged my queen three times...and just made some other silly moves...like i said i have some rough weeks...

And about two months ago i lowered my games under 100 and it was great, but i have a little more freetime right now, so i joined several tournies...and i have several second rounds start up...

Nonetheless, i understand what you guys are saying, and ill work towards not allowing it to happen again.
  7. Canada
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 01:13
    i know
    but my point is that, if ur having an "off" day, take a break...
    that's the beauty of CC
    u have a ton of time to move...
    and at that level over the board, a bad game usually comes down to an over looked combination, or a slight positional miscue...
    not talking down to the player who made the mistake, as i have hung queens on this site...
    I didnt talk down to any player???

if your refering to my original comments, it doesnt have to do with the fact that im losing to a 1300 rated player...thats okay...im just saying the player doesnt allow himself to reach 1400, his graph spikes from 1000 to 1400 about 6 times and each time he gets there he resigns all his games...but on the way there, he beats all 2000 rated players...and i just asked him why he keeps resigning his games...and he said that when he feels that he is not going to win a tourney anymore, he resigns all the games in the tourney....which i guess is respectable...but why not play them out?
  8. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 10:34
    that's funny...
    particularly in CC
    Precisely where does he move the Queen?

and I'm threatening Rf2.

Its not hanging, its trapped with my "brilliant" combination!

Although my Knight sacrifice is probably suspect!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree