1. Canada
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 03:56
    I know this happens all the time on here, but im facing an opponent, who is well better rated then 1900, but he refuses to allow his rating to go over 1400...

he has beat some players rated well over 2000, and sits right now at 1300...which is okay say timeouts, or problems and you needed to release some games. This guy though everytime he starts to break 1350 resigns all his games again...i just got him in the second round of a tourney...when the games started he was 1100, and i was just playing fast and not really paying attention. Then his named clicked in when he gained a good adv in both games, and i realized i played him before, but he was well over 1800 at the time. So i checked his graph and this is what i found...now im about to lose two games to a guy who is 1300.
    Ironically people ask me why my rating is 1600-1700 right now???
    Anyhow, this is just me complaining...
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 04:36
    Well, your rating has been known to vary over quite a large range, which could be why people point out that you are at 1,700 now.
  3. back in business
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 07:34
    im losing to 1200 player right now
  4. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 09:08
    Originally posted by ItsYouThatIAdore
    I know this happens all the time on here, but im facing an opponent, who is well better rated then 1900, but he refuses to allow his rating to go over 1400...

he has beat some players rated well over 2000, and sits right now at 1300...which is okay say timeouts, or problems and you needed to release some games. This guy though everytime he start ...[text shortened]... people ask me why my rating is 1600-1700 right now???
    I felt the same way wheen we played.

Your rating was low but you were far better than that. It really annoyed me!
  5. Joined
    15 Feb '07
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 09:16
    I know some people like that.. Never could understand anyone who wanted to have an artificially low rating.

I want mine as high as possible, but even better than that is for it to be accurate, so that I can be fairly sure the games I play will be challenging without being frustrating. (Playing normally should accomplish this easily enough.)
  6. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 09:48
    Originally posted by geepamoogle
    I know some people like that.. Never could understand anyone who wanted to have an artificially low rating.

I want mine as high as possible, but even better than that is for it to be accurate, so that I can be fairly sure the games I play will be challenging without being frustrating. (Playing normally should accomplish this easily enough.)
    To ensure tournament wins?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 09:49
    Originally posted by geepamoogle

If a extrem low rating can pruduce a banded tournament win I can understand, from that point of view. The win is a win, it doesn't say why in the records.

But this kind of tournament win is of little value. I would like to win a tournament fair and square.

I rather have a overestimated rating than to low rating. Now I have some 40 points above my real skill. But I'm struggling to get up to this rating by playing good. Now I have my all time high of 1615, but I also have some games I should lose, so this is for now and now only. But nevertheless, 1615, if feels good.
  8. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 13:04

he has beat some players rated well over 2000, and sits right now at 1300...which is okay say timeouts, or problems and you needed to release some games. This guy though everytime he start ...[text shortened]... people ask me why my rating is 1600-1700 right now???
    bad karma tastes quite bitter, doesn't it.
  9. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 13:161 edit
    As someone who is genuinely low rated, i'd like a list of sandbaggers (that's the term, isn't it?)....Funnily enough, of an old list i got from a fellow clan member, "It'syouthatiadore" was one of them.

How many clan games have you won against weak opposition bro ???
  10. Canada
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 22:10
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Well, your rating has been known to vary over quite a large range, which could be why people point out that you are at 1,700 now.
    true, but never have i intentionally done that to face lower opponents...or to keep my rating low...i try to be the best i can, sometimes i get flustered, play a bad string of games, or just mess up...i have had three major timeout periods in two years plus...which is why i have so many losses...but i never did this intentionally...things happen seperate from this site that need to be taken care before i can play...

P.S. which is also why i like the new rule about a mandatory period where an opponent cannot be timed out...pretty sweet.
  11. Canada
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 22:12
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    I felt the same way wheen we played.

Your rating was low but you were far better than that. It really annoyed me!
    funny, the two games were from me being timedout in the middle game, i dont know how that would annoy me, i like free points...????? which is why i dont mind to timeout my opponent, its part of the game...i dont get annoyed, and i think its silly that you did.
  12. Canada
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 22:13
    Originally posted by wormwood
    bad karma tastes quite bitter, doesn't it.
    ya...i suppose Wormwood, i dont know how you see that though, you beat me, and drawed me and you gained ample rating points for the win, and i think i gained one point for the draw lol...
  13. Canada
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 22:16
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    As someone who is genuinely low rated, i'd like a list of sandbaggers (that's the term, isn't it?)....Funnily enough, of an old list i got from a fellow clan member, "It'syouthatiadore" was one of them.

How many clan games have you won against weak opposition bro ???
    I agree, and i dont agree huckleberryhound...i have a lot of wins against lower rated players, and trust me a heck of a lot against higher rated, as well if you went through my games you would find that all my clan games except for about the last 10 created for me are against players over 2000 rating...and its not my choice that the clan leader creates the games, and his counterpart accepts them...right??

There are a lot people here that i would not like to face, but i dont complain to my clan leader. It is good though that you are a good clan leader and fish out the opponents that your members do not want to face.
  14. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 23:21
    funny, the two games were from me being timedout in the middle game, i dont know how that would annoy me, i like free points...????? which is why i dont mind to timeout my opponent, its part of the game...i dont get annoyed, and i think its silly that you did.
    Both games were "won" by me

Game 2266664; and
    Game 2266665

but you had stopped moving, I sent reminder after reminder, your rating was plummeting but still you would not move.

Eventually I had to take the time outs but, believe me, I would have preferred not to and wanted to win both games in "normal" play.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 23:35

these ratings shouldn't be that important...
    you're supposed to play the board anyway...
    so even if it says 1300, play him like you would a 2400

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree