1. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 16:58
    Since everyone is so interested....on chess-mail.com my only tourney is #7759. Have a look..you'll see out of 4 games my score is 2 draws and 1 win. The last game is even material (middlegame) with my opponent having the better position. If I manage to draw , my final score will be 3 draws , 1 win. Not exactly bowling them over. (for a super GM engine).
  2. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 17:14
    Originally posted by WanderingKing
    You've been acting like a jerk so I'm guessing no. Take it from me, I've been an a-hole my entire life. There's no forgiveness or understanding really for the likes of us.
    Know exactly what you mean 😉
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 17:57
    If you want to play a genuine front page player then wait a bit, get a few decent wins under your belt, then challenge someone like David Tebb. If you want to play a chess engine, try Ulf t.
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 20:49
    Originally posted by Tintin1963
    If you want to play a genuine front page player then wait a bit, get a few decent wins under your belt, then challenge someone like David Tebb. If you want to play a chess engine, try Ulf t.
    It's yet to be determined if he/she can dispatch 1700-1900 players.
    I have it arranged so all he/she needs to do is send over the game(s)
    I'm no GM, but I get lucky sometimes and find a decent line or two. 😕
  5. Standard memberbeauroberts
    Father of Three
    New Hampshire
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 21:30
    I'm a GM let's look at the evidence of such. I move often without thought so as to confuse my opponent and often myself. My moves are so strange they must be from a -3000 engine that's minus not plus (look at my rating) plus 2800 divided by 4 is 700 which is almost my rating so as you can see (as mskchess/robbiecarrobie would say) dear chess friends grand masterbis well within my reach...but if you would like a match please send one over...I'll give a clinic on how not to use the explosive english opening
  6. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 23:15
    Originally posted by Tintin1963
    I played David Tebb in the 2nd round of the 2014 Championship.

In each game I thought I was OK, then I thought I was a little worse, and then I was lost.

Usually I have a very clear idea of why I lost, and when it happened. Against him, it wasn't about moves, it was about plans, and I had to re-evaluate what I was trying to do more than just trying to find a better move or two.

It is well worth the experience to play him.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Dec '14 16:01
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    I played David Tebb in the 2nd round of the 2014 Championship.

In each game I thought I was OK, then I thought I was a little worse, and then I was lost.

Usually I have a very clear idea of why I lost, and when it happened. Against him, it wasn't about moves, it was about plans, and I had to re-evaluate what I was trying to do more than just trying to find a better move or two.

It is well worth the experience to play him.
    Well I screwed up, I got Woad to chal me but I didn't even look at the time clock thing, he set up a 1 day timeout. So I lost, thinking I had three days.

Would never have accepted that game if I had seen that. A good lesson for me, eh.
  8. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    07 Dec '14 20:41
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well I screwed up, I got Woad to chal me but I didn't even look at the time clock thing, he set up a 1 day timeout. So I lost, thinking I had three days.

Would never have accepted that game if I had seen that. A good lesson for me, eh.
    At least we know where he stands on the skull-clicking debate.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree